Blackberry / bad customer service and hardware faults
I bought a phone a little under a month ago on contract upgrade, its a top of the range blackberry torch 9800 from mtn south africa from the waterfront branch and I was assured by the salesman that I had a very good phone and that I will not need to send it in for anything. I purchased the phone to travel with, I purchased the phone on the 9t of december 2010.
In indonesia on the 31st of december 2010 (three weeks later) the phone went into wht they call an "infinite reboot loop". This means that on startup, the progress bar will go to a certain level, then the phone will switch off, and startup again, repeating the process indefinitely. The blackberry torch is the best blackberry currently on offer, and is the most expensive, the phone is three weeks old and is rendered unusable. I have tried to contact the blackberry support on the 2nd of january 2011, the automatic receipt came back with a confirmation and saying that they will get back to me within 24 hrs. It is now the 5th and I have not heard a word. I am in singapore now, I had to go to the research in motion head office in singapore today to sort it out, where tey initially told me that they could not do anything about it, I had to go through my carrier (mtn south africa) but when I told them the story they have got onto it.
Thanks mtn, for leaving me dry with a bloody expensive faulty phone overseas, with no tech support!!!
More Blackberry Complaints & Reviews
- Blackberry 9000/ Redington India Limited - sub standard blackberry product and refusal to register complaint 
- Blackberry BOLD 9000 - screen blackout in 20 days old
- Blackberry Torch - faulty new handset 
- Blackberry8520 - 8520 :eta - 00108 / 2009 / wrlo 
- blackberry awards - local account no 
- Blackberry - business as a whole from management all the way down
- Blackberry - blackberry
- Blackberry - not working any software
- Blackberry - supplier not responding properly or no feedback, and dragging around
- Blackberry Q5 - poor service