Bits And Pieces Uk / lost parcel - dreadful customer service

1 Driffield, England, United Kingdom

Bits and Pieces sent me the exact same jigsaw puzzle as one I had only recently ordered. As this was a 'free' puzzle I e-mailed them to ask whether they would be willing to exchange this. It took me some time to find an address for the customer services but I got a reply which said to return the jigsaw and to let them know which one I would like in return. I did this using the courier service they advise on the back of their invoices under returns. I paid £3.50 for this service but I heard nothing back from the company. I e-mailed them to ask where my replacement jigsaw was - they replied saying they had not received my parcel. They asked how I returned this and I advised I used their courier. They then asked for a barcode/tracking number which again I supplied. If they were not willing to deal with my query then why have they requested I supply this information. Bits and Pieces then said that they were not responsible for the parcel going missing and that I needed to contact the courier direct and sort this out myself. I did state that they should be the ones to sort this out as I used their courier - they then denied that this courier was employed by them but they give this courier's details for returns and even state it is 'their' courier. I did contact the courier but they say I need to contact the retailer to sort out. I have e-mailed Bits and Pieces further telling them this but not only are they not interested in my problem they are now refusing to answer my e-mails. I have also asked them to remove my details from their database and that I wanted no more contact from them. However, I am still receiving promotional e-mails. This is the worst company I have ever tried to deal with by way of customer services. All I wanted was a replacement jigsaw puzzle and now they have lost my business. I do have copies of all my correspondence but I am upload below.

Bl