Having problems with Bits And Pieces?

+44 137 724 9856 (Customer Service)
+44 871 472 4266 (Delivery Inquiries)
Wadsworth Road, Kelleythorpe Ind Est
Sun9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Postal Address
PO Box 98, Driffield, YO25 9DJ

Complaints & Reviews

Horrible company to deal with!

Placed order on Dec 3, it is Dec 22 and I have not received my order. I have called repeatedly over the last week and it is simply impossible to get though. E-mails have gone unreturned. When I did get though to customer service I was told my order was shipped on the 14th and that tracking showed it was somewhere in Michigan (I live in MI). Guess I will have to go out and buy replacement X-mas presents this weekend as I obviously won't be getting my order by Christmas. I think this company is a scam!!! This whole experience has stressed me out!!

Marilyn Franklin Jan 04, 2007

My mother-in-law bought 2 gifts for my kids from this company. She had others ordered but after weeks of waiting she ~finally~ (another story) got through to them and found out they canceled her order without informing her.

Of the two gifts we got from her, one was a toy that came with a thick permanent black marker with destroyed my daughter's Christmas sweater and ruined our cherry floor. Who would put a permanent black marker in a child's toy??? Not too smart.

The other gift was a marble gear master, a construction toy. Critical pieces are missing. I've have called their number non-stop for days and only get a busy signal. The instructions are not only lousy, there is no information on who to call for replacement parts.

All in all, I would say they're a pretty ### organization.

John R Gucwa May 18, 2007

Dealing with Bits and Pieces is by far the WORST experience I have ever had with mail order. Mid-December I ordered 2 puzzle boxes. The total for 2 equally priced boxes was $80.97. I was shipped one box and charged $50.98. Huh? I figured this was just crazy accounting, the other box would show up shortly, and the balance of $29.99 would be charged at that time...

When it did not by the end of January, I called to check on the status. I was informed that "the requested item has been discontinued and is no longer available to purchase". I argued that since I had a confirmed order that said I would be receiving two boxes that it was not appropriate for them to restructure the order and charge me that much for a single box without my approval. I was rudely informed the details of an order could not be check for an order "that far back". I asked if I could send my confirmation to them and they could look at it and let me know if they would make a correction. Not having heard back by the beginning of May, I called again. After being rudely asked, "What do you expect me to do? I can't send you a discontinued item," she ended with the same story: "Send your order confirmation and I'll look at it." I said I’d sent it before and never heard back. Rochelle told me to put her name on it and she’d take care of it. Now I'll get some results. No such luck. I never heard from Rochelle. I just got the same reply: "the requested item has been discontinued and is no longer available to purchase". I tried a few time to e-mail and indicate that I knew the item was discounted and that that was not the issue. No luck, just "the requested item has been discontinued and is no longer available to purchase."

Well, it turns out THIS IS A BOLD FACED LIE. Mid-May I ordered 2 of the boxes I have repeatedly been informed were discontinued and no longer available for purchase and they have shipped to me. They had them in stock for purchase. What a scam! You think someone along the line would have said, "We now have that item in stock and will gladly finish filling your order if you’d like". Of course then they would have only been able to charge me the outstanding $29.99 on my original order. If they made me reorder they could nab another $50.98. I called again and was told that “the requested item has been discontinued and is no longer available to purchase" meant, "We could not get it to you by Christmastime, so didn’t what to disappoint you by having it arrive late." WHAT?!?! Well you’ve more that disappointed me. You've proved you are more that bad a customer service - you are underhanded and deceitful.

• Ke
    Kenneth L. Wrisley Jan 07, 2008

I ordered two gifts in early December. On Dec. 14, I received and email stating that the gifts had been shipped. Two days before Christmas I still had not received package. I contacted UPS and they replied promptly saying that they received paperwork but no Package. Bits and Pieces will not respond to emails and I'm unable to reach them by phone.

• Ca
    Cathie Mouring Jan 08, 2008

DON'T, DON'T, DON'T USE THIS COMPANY! WORST EVER USED!

Ordered in December, guaranteed Christmas delivery. Notified 12/22, Saturday, via email that delivery guarantee couldn't be met due to high volume of orders. Called immediately to cancel order but received recording to call during M-F business hours. Tried using their live web customer service but was told same thing. Someone was working on Saturday in order to send out the email! Found email address in contact info and sent email.

Received items 1/7/08. Tried to call to get it sent back w/no charge. Was put on lengthy hold, then told that due to heavy call volume the call wouldn't be answered and told to call back after 6:00 p.m. mountain time. Did and got a message to try again. Tried today and received same run around.

• Au
    aubrey farrar Jan 15, 2008

telephoned order on 4th dec. money taken from c/c 4th dec. parcel arrived 7th dec. wrong parcel to wrong person. phoned immediately. no worry parcel would be sent. rang on 13th, 17th and 20th, parcel on way. money pd in to my account..why? Leaving 24.97 in their hands. no parcel. longe delays trying to get thru. no answer to e mails and i am still waiting....!!! help.

• Ol
    Oliver Jan 29, 2009

I will never purchase anything from Bits and Pieces again! I placed an order with Bits and Pieces on 12/1/07. Their website says that orders should be received within 7-10 business days. Once that time-frame had passed, I tried numerous times to reach Customer Service, but they have a recording saying they're too busy to take the call and then it kicks you off after about 5 minutes of holding. I finally found a person to speak to by calling their Sales line. They couldn't help me, but they transferred me to Customer Service and after holding for about 10 minutes, I actually had a live person to help me. They told me my order had shipped on 12/9. I don't understand why it took them 9 days to fill my order, but at any rate, I was able to get a tracking number from her. I tracked it for a few days and wasn't getting detailed info from UPS online. When I called UPS they told me that Bits and Pieces chose a service in which UPS only take the package as far as a nearby town to the recipient and that the post office would be delivering it to my home. With my package in the post office's hands, I had no way to track the package. It finally showed up on 12/17 (17 days after ordering) and one of the items was broken. This was supposed to be a Christmas gift for my grandmother and it barely arrived in time for me to ship it back out to her for Christmas, but for it to also come to me broken was a real disappointment. What was I going to send her now? I've been trying since then to reach Bits and Pieces to inquire how I can return the broken item to them without having to pay the postage myself, afterall, I didn't break it! I've had no luck reaching anyone live at the company. My next step is going to be emailing them with a threat to dispute the item on my credit card if they don't cooperate with me. Wish me luck!

Scam and cheating!

On 12/10/2007 I thought I had placed an online order with B&P only to wait many days with no delivery or hint...

Over charging, cheap products

I just received my second and last order from Bits and Pieces. The first time I ordered they over charged me for items, but they were very easy to deal with and sorry for the mistake so I gave them another try. This time the over charged me again!! One of the items I received was a 1000 pieces puzzle center, which I will be returning. The item was made of cardboard and cost over $50!!! No where in the catalog or website was this item described as being made of cardboard. I am VERY disappointed!

Unfortunately I think that this company makes alot of its sales to retired and elderly buyers who I am sure are less likely to notice an overbilling and are less likely to return an item.

It is a shame, some of their items are so cute.

BUYER BEWARE!!!

Failure to receive order

I placed an order on December 3rd, 2006 to ensure I would receive my order prior to Christmas. It is December 22nd, and I haven't received my order and it shows no shipping status on the website when I check. I have tried for over a week continually throughout the day to contact this company and the line is always busy. I have sent 6 emails to this company and they haven't responded. They took my money and I didn't receive my order.

I would strongly suggest steering clear of this company. They are not listed with the BBB b/c I tried to file a complaint through them.

Angela Holland Feb 23, 2007

It is a shame, some of their items are so cute.

BUYER BEWARE!!!

• Ka
    Karen Folley Dec 21, 2007

I am having the same problem with Bits and Pieces. I ordered on 12-06-07 and no order, no response to emails and no customer service. No matter when you call there is no one to answer the phone. They put out this catalog and seem to have all the right information about the "good" company they have. I do not believe they are legit at all and I am going to try to report them to someone. People like this need to be stopped so others do not go through the same frustration I and many others have gone through.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY OR WHATEVER IT IS!!!

• Re
    Reviewer55634 Oct 07, 2015

I ordered three shaped jigsaws on the fifth of sept still not got them told out of stock but not heard anything now on Oct seventh Igo on the site asks to reorder but the payment as already gone out from my account so not paying for them again

Very poor customer service!

I received an e-mail 2 months ago from Bits and Pieces offering a discount on items ordered if ordered within...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices