Bits And Pieces Uk / No customer service, missing goods, poor quality goods

1 Driffield, England, Yorkshire, United Kingdom Review updated:

Company sends out catalogues to order saying 7-14 days delivery. Small print says 28 days. I placed two orders - waited over a month for one and 42 days for the other, which never arrived. The 'courier' was one man in his own saloon car piled high with badly wrapped parcels - no boxes, just plastic wrapping. Products well photographed, very poor quality in reality. To try to get through to customer services is nearly impossible - spending 10p a minute it soon adds up. Never any response to emails. Eventually, we are now 10 days before Christmas, they say are going to cancel the order (hopefully) and refund my money. So, I am off to shop for replacement presents. I only managed to get through using the sales line - they acted like they were doing me a huge favour by contacting their own 'customer services' for me. TERRIBLE! DO NOT USE THIS DREADFUL BUSINESS.

Comments

• Th
      20th of Dec, 2013

This has to be one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with. I placed an order on 3rd December. Received email confirmation shortly after. The money had left my account by the 9th. It is now the 20th of December and, seeing as I've received nothing in return and I'm running out of time, I thought I'd best ring them. I got through relatively easily, compared to some commenting above, and after reporting that nothing had arrived, was put through to customer services and a 'snippy' young man called Dale. I was told my order had been dispatched on the 7th. 'Nothing's arrived', I told him, and he said no, 'it became lost at the depo by the looks of it. Its about the size of three football pitches, that Hermes depo!' 'Can't you track it down?' I stupidly asked. 'No. That's why it's lost.'
    He offered to re-send the order but pointed out that it wouldn't arrive until January. Fine! After a short while he came back to me and said that two of the original three items were now out of stock. That is where my patience ran out! I've asked for a full refund, done through gritted teeth, seething as I was, which, according to Vicky Pollards brother, should be back in my account within three working days. It Had Better Be. As well as the seemingly total disregard for their stock, I also find it strange that with both people I spoke to, neither one wanted the order ID issued with their acknowledgement email when offered.
    Bits And Pieces! The home of puzzles? The only Puzzle, is how they're still trading!

27th of Dec, 2013

They advertised - order now for delivery by Christmas - so I placed my order. I phoned them today, 27th December, (paying the 10p a minute plus normal costs), to find out why my stuff hadn't arrived in time for Christmas. I was told that the items have 'Just arrived in the warehouse'. At no point, either when I placed my order, or subsequently, had I been told that they were out of stock or weren't going to arrive in time for Christmas. So I asked if it had now been dispatched as it has arrived in the warehouse and was told, 'No, the warehouse is on holiday until the 2nd January'. And to think I paid £4.99 delivery charge for this service!

• Al
      30th of Dec, 2014

An absolutely appalling company and service. Ordered goods on 29th Nov. 2014 in time for xmas delivery. When no delivery by 12th. Dec. I phoned their customer services number. Was advised that my order was with despatch and would be received by Fri 19th. December. No delivery - I phoned on 19th December and was advised my delivery would be guaranteed by xmas. Still no delivery by 1.30 xmas eve. Had to go and buy alternative presents last minute - very stressful. Phoned customer services on 29th. Dec, still no delivery and no apology - in fact it was now no problem to cancel my order - still waiting for my money back. They took my original payment within 24hrs.. DON'T DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY - in my opinion, - THEY ARE COMPLETELY USELESS !!!

4th of Feb, 2015

I ordered a jigsaw top for my 91 year old mother.
    It arrived late and faulty. The handles broke when
    lifting it out and the whole thing was shoddy and
    flimsy. All it consisted of were bits of cardboard, I really
    could have made a better one myself.
    The Customer Services is non- existant. In fact I
    have never come across such poor service. They
    said that they would contact the courier to pick it
    up but they could take up to three weeks to collect.
    If it is not collected by the beginning of next week I
    will be contacting Trading Standards and if I do not
    get a satisfactory result I will be taking it yet further.
    I have also written a letter to the Chief Executive, just
    to see if he is aware of what is going on in his company .
    My advice is AVOID THIS COMPANY.

• Pa
      14th of Dec, 2015

I wish i had know this company was such a joke, took my money and i got nothing!!avoid these crooks i had all caps because iam Pissed!!

• Mo
      8th of Dec, 2016

s christmas
    is fast approaching, could you let me know when my order will arrive. Customer no CUO133508 name Moya Aiken.
    I hope the first bit of this message got to you. If not, I am complaining that my order has not been received and I sent it and a cheque for
    £38.95 on 17th oct. Please advise as soon as possible. Moya Aiken .email [protected]@hotmail.com. Other companies I have ordered from, sent
    the goods within a week !

29th of Oct, 2018

What an absolute joke this company is.
    Ordered goods advertised on the web site and paid by card. A week later a letter arrived in the post with a cheque attached stating as requested here is your refund. Called customer services (how they get away with calling themselves that should be against trade descriptions) dealt with a man called BRAD who lets just say had the charm of a flea. Not interested, patronising, rude, obnoxious just to name a few.
    Explained I had not contacted them and was expecting my items, was only then informed that my item is no longer available ( it is still on their web page though) asked why I had a cheque and not money paid back to my original method of payment and was informed that is the way it is and basically nothing they will do about it. Explained I am unable to get to a bank, was told to send cheque back and only then will they refund to my original method of payment. WHY DID YOU NOT DO THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!
    You are withholding the money and I will be contacting my bank and will never touch this company again with a barge pole.
    If you like being messed around, patronised, insulted, having your money robbed from you and not get your items then this is the company for you, anyone with common sense STEAR CLEAR.