Bissell / Bissell carpet cleaner stained my carpet

1 United States

Several years ago, I purchased a Bissell carpet cleaner with red/orange brushes on it. When I used it on my carpet, it left red/orange streaks on my carpet. I contacted Bissell immediately and was told to try going back over the streaks to see if it would remove it. I did not want to use it anymore on my carpet as I didn't need more or darker streaks in my carpet. I was instructed to send in the carpet cleaner so they could test it in their lab. I sent it along with pictures of the damage to my carpet. The answer I got from Bissell was that in the lab tests they could not simulate the streaks and that the color in my pictures did not exactly match the color of their brushes. I told them if they would come to my home they could see that the color was an exact match, that the color in the photo may not have matched exactly since it was a photograph. But they refused to take responsibility of the damage to my carpet caused by their defective carpet cleaner. From reading the list of complaints against Bissell, consumers can see Bissell is a company that makes defective products and does not stand behind their products. Stay away from Bissell products. Buyer BEWARE !!