Bill Me Later / Exorbitant Late Fees etc.
I used Bill Me Later to purchase a holiday gift in the amount of $44 from Wal-Mart. Did not receive the customary paper statement by mail from BML the following month and was therefore late in making the payment. A $9 late fee plus interest was added to the account. When, another month later, the bill came to my attention, BML had added an additional $19 late fee plus interest because the the bill was now in the over-$50 bracket.
I called the company and noted that California, the state of my residence, has usury laws that are intended to address unethical and exorbitant charges such as those applied to my account. The customer service rep was clearly accustomed to dealing with disgruntled customers such as myself, and kissing them off. She did not hesitate to close my account upon request but showed no interest or inclination in adjusting the fees.
More Bill Me Later Complaints & Reviews
- Bill Me Later - Fraud 
- Webbank c/o Bill Me Later, Inc. - recent request for a account 
- Cit Bank c/o Bill Me Later, Inc. - Letter I received 
- Cit Bank Bill Me Later, Inc. - contact information 
- Bill Me Later - Bill me later system sucks! 
- Bill Me Later - payments
- Bill Me Later - They wanted to get money from me as soon as possible
- Bill Me Later - BML set as default to PayPal???? 
- Bill Me Later - Horrible Customer Service
- Bill Me Later - PayPal's Bill Me Later Scam