Having problems with Bill Me Later?

Bill Me Later Customer Service Contacts

+1 866 528 3733 (Customer Service)
PO Box 5138
Timonium

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Bill Me Later Customer Service. Initial Bill Me Later complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Bill Me Later above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Bill Me Later. Discuss the issues you have had with Bill Me Later and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Bill Me Laterpayments

You received 75.00 per month and when you change you kept getting my money now there account who got my payment for the last 10 years are there is no trace of my money are who getting it, I would like a copy of my pay history showing all payments the was sent to the bill me later account per my account number, how do I get my balance and refund for over payment and pay pal said the account was written of why when are getting 75..00 per month where is my money going

• Updated by [email protected] · Mar 24, 2018

How do I get and pay history of payment made over the last ten year of 75.00 a month.

Bill Me LaterThey wanted to get money from me as soon as possible

I have paid the company Bill Me Later and all payments were on time. However, I got the email from the staff that they wanted to get the last payment before the 1/10/15. I replied and told that I would be able to pay only on 5/10/15. But the company started to threaten me and asked for money. I don’t understand what they have changed and why they needed more money from me. Does anyone have the same problems?

Bill Me LaterBML set as default to PayPal????

I ordered a software bundle for our son on Dec. 26, 2013 via PayPal, to be charged to the PayPal associated credit path. Yesterday I received a snailmail bill from BillMeLater for $89.00. The software purchase was $25.00 and supposed to go through PayPal. When I checked the PayPal account today, I see the transaction go through PayPal and then another transaction moving it to BillMeLater. I called the BML Customer Service # and related this information and was told that BML might be set up as the default billing medium in my PayPal account. The only reason I signed up for BML years back was to get a discount on an item I was buying through PayPal. I have not used them since (knowingly). The Customer Service rep would not remove the "late fees". I will not use PayPal again until I am certain that the BML account is dead.

Bill Me LaterHorrible Customer Service

I would never use bill me later! I made a purchase with last month and when I was checking out I saw Bill Me Later & clicked on the terms. It said if I spent a certain amount that it would be 6 months no interest & no payments. So, I thought why not? Anyways this week I received my statement saying that my minimum payment was $25 & I needed to pay the entire amount by the payment date to avoid interest. So, I e-mailed them to let them know that when I ordered it said 6 months no interest & no payments & they responded & said they did not have any such deal with 1800petmeds. Well, I e-mailed them back and told them I had a picture of the 1800petmeds website with the offer on it & I could e-mail them so they could see & that I didn't feel I should have to pay since it said I wouldn't have to. Then, I got an e-mail saying We have received the promotional terms request regarding your Bill Me Later Account. Once our research is complete, you will receive an email notification. Two minutes later I got another e-mail saying The promotional terms request that was submitted has been completed. The changes, if any, to your Bill Me Later Account will be posted within 24-48 hours. So, I waited over the 48 hours & checked and there is no changes to my account.

Bill Me LaterPayPal's Bill Me Later Scam

In July of 2012, I purchased an item on ebay and paid for it using PayPal as i usually do with online purchases. Several months later I received a bill from Bill Me Later stating that I owe them for this purchase. I informed them that I did not bill the purchase to Bill Me Later, so this constituted an unauthorized re-routing of my PayPal request to Bill Me Later and requested that they reverse their error and return the charge to PayPal so I can pay for it. They stated that due to internal regulations this is impossible (even though Bill Me Later is a part of PayPal) and the only option would be for me to have the merchant refund the item and then pay for it using PayPal. Unfortunately, by this time (more than 3 months after the purchase) the merchant refused to refund the purchase or transfer the fee to another mode of payment. I have called Bill Me Later and PayPal several times to rectify the issue but they refuse to resolve this issue, even though it has resulted from their unauthorized use of my Bill Me Later account for a charge that I had directed to the PayPal account. After months of phone calls with all parties involved and not having any success in resolving the issue, I have lost all hope of PayPal resolving this issue. I took my complaint to Better Business Bureau but PayPal remained unrepentent of their intentional or mistaken unauthorized use of the Bill Me Later account. I have decided I will not yield to this man-handling of my rights and will broadcast it as much as I can.

• Li
              Lindy2Direct Mar 12, 2014

The same thing has happened to me, but on numerous occasions!!! They have not responded to me when I've attempted to contact them.
              Now there are constantly increasing charges for interest, added to charges to BML that I never authorized. There are a lot of sellers who require the use of PayPal, but when I use it, it always sends the charges to BML!! I'm just not purchasing anything through PayPal
              anymore, but I still seem to be stuck with an enormous balance through BML!!
              BEWARE, anyone who signs up for BML through PayPal!!!

• Dm
              Dmdezign Mar 05, 2014

PayPal bill me later has the absolute worst customer service ever. I closed my account and will NEVER re-open it! If anyone is thinking of opening an account take my advice and DONT!!!

• Cr
              Crockett2 Nov 14, 2013

I made a purchase and used Pay Pal to pay for the transaction. I started to pay on-line, backed up, reset some information, and then continued to check out using Pay Pal. A month later I received a statement from Bill Me Later saying that I owed them $40 plus a late charge. I have NEVER set up a Bill Me Later account and have never used BML. I had proof that I paid through Pay Pal with a debit card and had the bank statement to prove it. BML may have a default setting that I did not see, or hijacked my account, but I did not set up an account, though they say I have one. BML sent a $40 payment, unbeknownst to me, to the business I dealt with. The business received two $40 payments and did not tell me. My wife sent a $40 payment to BML and the business sent me $40 as a refund. BML is still sending statements now saying that we owe $64 in late charges. I have talked to both Pay Pal and BML to let them know that I have never used BML and have never set up an account.

Bill Me Laterunusable and fraudulent servije

I've been in a nightmare with BIll me later. I more or less signed up by accident when I tried to pay for an order from a vendor (I know--It sounds stupid, but I thought I was simply paying by paypal and instead I was signing up for Bill me Later). All I wanted to do was to pay the one time charge immediately. A call immediately afterward to customer service to simply cancel my Bill My later account was rejected. They wouldn't offer me any way to simply pay the bill right away. Now I've got a charge that I can't pay even though I want to, because after several days Bill Me Later won't give me my account number. and has posted no statements. I have to wait for a statement to post before I can pay. So I have this small payment of $121 hanging over my head until they decide to post a statement. They are completely obtuse and unresponsive. I am trying to pay my bill NOW and they are stalling because they probably want to play tricks with late fees etc.

Bill Me LaterUnderhanded Presentation

In the middle of a transaction to pay for an item, PayPal suddenly ALERTS me that my I had a $1.47 balance
              on my $2, 000 credit limit. NO WAY, EVER!!! It's like they pulled this info out of thin air. So, there I was
              trying to pay for the purchase and you just can't call a halt during the middle of all this when you are FREAKING OUT
              over this. It was like: " GUESS WHAT, Breaking News you will not understand. DEAL WITH IT!"

So, how do I finish paying? My bank info. is not attached. There's BILL ME LATER, I apply so I can get
              out of this mess.

"OH, GEE! WE MADE A MISTAKE", PayPal rep. says when I called. The info. you saw was incorrect, SO SORRY. You can cancel
              after we debit your bank account or send us a check." ATTN: Keep your wits about you and read all volumes
              of fine print!

Bill Me LaterDecline despite good credit

Opened an account with these crooks and paid my bill on time. Took advantage of their 0% interest rate offers and paid balances off before the expiration date.

Bill Me Later have since then blocked my account due to reasons that they will not disclose to me. After contacting the FDIC and the BBB and speaking with numerous Bill Me Later customer representatives, I am still unable to get an answer from them. My account is just closed simply because I paid the balances off in time. I see they have a notorious history of doing this to other customers. STAY AWAY FROM BILL ME LATER unless you want to pay the outrageous interest rates that kick in if you don't pay off balances by the promotional end date.

• I too am having trouble with the bill me later account I recently opened and my first bill has not even come due!!! We tried ordering items for our granddaughter's wedding from a preferred merchant. For 2 days now I get the run around from Oriental Trading and Bill Me Later. Neither one has a clue as to what is going on. I figure if they do not want my business, then I will go elsewhere. BML says it is on the merchant's side and the merchant says it is on BML. I wonder if when what I have purchased comes due will they have a problem figuring out what I owe? I am very disgusting with BML since I received an email saying that if I found this to be an error contact them and they would investigate, well it is no error, I was trying to purchase these items and emailed them back that I was trying to do so, all I got was an auto do not reply to email!

K

Bill Me Later — Keep calling me and send bills that I have nothing to do with it!

Few months ago, I start to receiving this phone call from Bill Me Later. Every time I pick up the phone, no...

Bill Me LaterScam

Bill Me Later a so called way to pay on Ebay is a scam. It states use Bill Me Later and have 6 months to pay on purchases of $99 or more. After you open an account with them they then tell you your purchases didn't qualify because it was not $99 and they charge you late fees and interest. They didn't even send me a bill. They said they sent it by email, well I didn't get it and I always check my scam folder before I delete it and it wasn't there either. Still haven't received a bill to this day. If you contact them they use every excuse in the book including your purchase was not $99. No where in there terms and disclosures does it say that it has to be one purchase of $99. Everything I purchased was in December and had use Bill Me Later and receive 6 months to pay. Then they called me up in January and said I was late with my payment and charged me a late fee and interest. They even contradicted themselves cause they said it had to be one purchase of $99 but yet the first purchase I made was for $30.68 and it was deferred but all others were not. THIS COMPANY IS A HUGH SCAM...DO NOT USE WHATEVER YOU DO. IF THEY OFFER YOU AN ACCOUNT ...PLEASE TURN THEM DOWN.

K

Webbank c/o Bill Me Later, Inc. — recent request for a account

Received a letter stating: "this letter is in response to your request to open a Bill Me [protected]@ account on...

S

Bill Me Later — bill dispute

I bought some products for my dog. The bill was $ 111.58 on 4/20/11. Made 1 st payment on June 4th for $35 ...

Webbank c/o Bill Me Later, InUnauthorize uses of my info

I received a letter date 10/21/2011 in connection with a purchase through paypal in which I apparently applied to open a bill Me Later account. I did not apply for any account; neither have ever used paypal services. I have taken the first step to investigate this fraudulent application and I will like your company to do the same.

• Si
                        sifubob Aug 07, 2012

How do I pay off my account. I only have 0519 as my account number! I need the whole account number so I can pay your company off. I explained it to the cutomer service guy said he would send me the account number. I never got it!!! How do I pay off my account!!! I don't want to have a high score on my credit account because I can't make payments to your company!!!

• Mb
                        mbonifant Apr 22, 2012

I received a letter stating that I had been denied a Bill me Later account in regards to a PayPal purchase. I have never attempted to open a Bill me Later account and have not purchased anything through PayPal in many many months. This is fraudulent and a leytter will be sent to you through snail mail. I will also be contacting the credit bureaus.

• Tr
                        TracyJBouffard Jan 20, 2012

My son tried to open an account... he's been DEAD for 5 years! disturbing...

• Th
                        Thomas N. Cherry Dec 28, 2011

I received a letter today date 12/27/11 in connection with WebBank c/o Bill Me Later, Inc. apparently someone has try"ed to open an account in my name. I did not apply for any account; from you or Pay Pall or anyone . I have taken steps to investigate this fraudulent application and will like for your company to do the same I have notified Equifax TransUnion & Experian and Chase and the Norfolk Police Dept about this. I do have identity protection..

Bill Me Later, Inc.DOUBLE CHARGE ON MONTHLY PAYMENT

PAID MONTHLY PAYMENT ON OCT. 2ND 2011 RECEIVED EMAIL STATING QUOTE: Your recent payment to your Bill Me Later account has been returned.
                      You will need to make your payment again. Please visit www.billmelater.com to reinitiate your payment.
                      Please check that the bank account used to make the payment is valid and add a new bank account if necessary.
                      SO I RESENT THE PAYMENT SAME BANK ACCOUNT $106.10 WITH AN EMAIL TELLING THEM TO NOT CHARGE ME TWICE, AND 2 DAYS LATER THEY CHARGED THE SAME AMOUNT $106.10 TO MY CHECKING ACCOUNT. EMAILS ARE NEVER RETURNED CALLED THEY SAID CAN'T HELP YOU, TALKED TO MY BANK NOT MUCH HELP SAID ALL THEY CAN DO IS DISPUTE COULD TAKE 90 DAYS, IN THE MEANTIME MY CHECKING ACCOUNT BUDGET FOR PAYING BILLS IS SHORT $106.10 SO WILL BE GETTING NSF CHARGES BECAUSE THAT EXTRA $106.10 WILL NOT BE THERE TO PAY INCOMMING BILLS.
                      WHY CAN'T COMPANIES "USING THE WORD LOOSLY" BE STOPPED FROM DOING THINGS LIKE THIS? I SEE SO MANY COMPLAINTS ABOUT THEM AND OTHERS LIKE PAYPAL ECT... IS THE WHOLE WORLD CORRUPT GREEDY?? I HAVE USED THIS BILL ME LATER FOR A FEW YEARS AND ALWAYS MADE MY PAYMENTS ON TIME, AND NOT JUST MINIMUM PAYMENTS. WHAT DOES THE BBB ACTUALLY DO? IS THIS JUST A WASTE OF TIME?

DOUBLE CHARGE ON MONTHLY PAYMENT
                      DOUBLE CHARGE ON MONTHLY PAYMENT

• Ac
                          acleemis Oct 12, 2011

Same thing happened to me - apparently you'll get a check mailed out in 10 business days (depending on when it clears your bank account). They can't electronically refund it. I'm ticked off, too.

Bill Me Laterexorbetant late fees/harassment

I purchased a product online from Overton Co. The product cost was $7. I noticed that I never received a bill from them but at the same time as receiving information from a "Bill me Later' nowhere on the "Bill me Later" did they indicate what they were and I assumed they were an advertising company and discarded them. After several months of getting this "Bill me Later' thing, I called to tell them I didn't know what they were and to stop sending me stuff, at that time they told me it was for Overton, I immediately sent them $21 which was far more that the actual cost owed. At that time they had tacked on $89 of late fees and then started harassing me - I received no less than 15 calls per day on my cell phone and each time I called they demanded the late fees. I told them I would only pay for the merchandise and not for the late fees for something I didn't even know what or who they were. I wrote letters stating I wasn't paying the late fees and the phone calls continued daily, noted them, but ignored them because everytime I talked to someone it was a fight. In one conversation that told me if I paid $27 they would stop calling - I said no and the phone calls continued, finally they said if I paid $13 the calls would quit, reluctantly I paid the $13 to shut them up. This company is a total scam and I think knowingly doesn't mark their bills in order to harass people. I'm so upset about how this whole thing played out - don't get involved with this so called company.

• Dw
                            Dwight Nutrition Mar 23, 2011

I have never used Bill Me Later because the concept alone seems like it opens Pandora's box to scams. I prefer to pay for my stuff right away and have it be "over and done with."

Bill Me LaterNefarious business practices

BEWARE! Bill Me Later manipulates your PAYMENT DUE DATE so it does NOT CORRESPOND to the date your 6 MONTHS NO PAYMENTS offer expires!

When I open my bills, I look to see when the payment is due. Right? I'll bet you do that too, because woe! to the poor schmuck these days who pays their bills late. So my final payment to SCREW ME LATER // I mean Bill me Later is due on March 8th. But wait! Elsewhere, I find the offer expires March 1st.

SO EVEN IF YOU MAKE YOUR FINAL PAYMENT ON TIME, you'll get socked with the interest payments that accrued on the entire balance! Is this a coincidence? Of course not. Bill Me Later relies on an innattentive consumer to TRICK them into paying the heinous 19+%. They want you to overlook their underhanded scheme so you're trapped.

AND THEN THEY further TRAP YOU by making it difficult to make a payment quickly to avoid paying the interest. Can you make a credit card payment? YOU CANNOT. Can you make a PayPal payment? After all, this company is owned by PayPal! YOU CANNOT. The only way you can make an emergency payment is by ACH debit to your bank account - and I'll bet they manage to delay that payment until your "no Payments" offer expires.

I always respected and trusted PayPal before this - and I've funded thousands of dollars in transactions, both buying and sell via PayPal - but they jumped the shark with this scheme. PayPal will rue the day they started this devious business.

B

Bill Me Later / Casio Pathfinder Watch — Lack of Warranty Replacement/Refund

In September 2008 my husband ordered the Casio Pathfinder Black Solar Triple Sensor Watch, sku # [protected]...

G

Cit Bank c/o Bill Me Later, Inc. — Letter I received

I received a letter from CIT Bank c/o Bill Me Later, Inc. The letter states that they regret that they were...

M

Bill Me Later — HARASSING CALLS, BILLS, REFUSAL TO WORK WITH DEBT MANAGEMENT COMPANY

I HAVE RECENTLY RECIEVED A BILL FOR $3, 032.09 FROM BILL ME LATER, BUT THE MINIMUM PAYMENT THEY WANT ME TO...

Bill Me LaterFalse Late Fees and charges in order to charge the deferred interest charge

Bill Me Later is a scam. I purchased airline tickets and used Bill Me Later. I set up automatic online payments through my bank so that they would be paid off three weeks in advance. They move the payment due date each and every month. It was the 15th of the month so I set it up to pay the 15th. The next month they moved it to the 14th of the month and charged a $39.00 late fee and $2.00 finance charge on a $10.00 monthly minimum payment. I had paid $450.00 instead of $10.00 minimum and was charged $41.00 because they moved the payment due date. I paid off the airline ticketsearly - before the promotional period expired - but because of the late fees, I had a $12.00 balance. They charged the full $54.54 finance charge because my balance was $12.00. The customer service tells me they always pay off their late fee charges first, not the purchases. Then they charge me another $29.00 late fee on the $54.54 that never should have been charged. Supervisors on the customer service line were totally unhelpful. I finally cancelled my card. This is a horrible company in my opinion.