Bill Me Later / Dishonest

This is my second posting since my earlier posting doesnt show up on this site.

Events happened on (12/12/07) 11:00 AM EST

I made a purchase back in July/August 2007 from a online store and paid it thourgh "Bill Me Later" - 6 month finance purchase offer.

Upon receiving the very first statement,
> I signed up with their online website and opted for paperless statement
> Used my bank's BillPay system to set up exact payments spread over 6 month period to utilize the finance option.

My final payment was due in December, I logged into BillMeLater.com account, to double-check the last due amount and to make sure that I dont incurr financial charges, To my disbelief, "Bill Me Later" didnt not honour the 6 month finance purchase offer and have been billing me finance charges from SECOND month onwards. I couldnt believe the statements, I checked and re-checked my due dates and my banks payment structure which were all perfect.

Called up the Customer Service right away, and Brenda the rep was laughing at me that I didnt check my statements. She said I should have checked my statements and should have called during the SECOND month, she refused to do anything about it and asked me just accept the charges. She said that their system doesnt allow any modification to old statements. She kept pointing the finger at me and really mocked at me when I said I want to speak to the supervisor.

This is atrocious, that you will trust a company thats giving you the offer only to be cheated. How can a company like this not have the ability to make changes to payments? Their Message: WELCOME TO BILL ME LATER - THE BEST WAY TO BUY FAST, FEEL SECURE AND PAY LATER. - seems such a sham when they want to us to pay the finance charges because they cannot correct their system or charges WHICH shouldnt have happened at FIRST place. They goofed up with the account set-up which resulted in me being charged.
Is this how they make money by not honouring the promotion and blaming the customer for not checking the statements. It doesnt surprise me that there a loads of complaints against this company and its billing system.

I demand an apology and agreed that their system cannot modify old statements BUT they can always give a refund after doing the cumulative APR/APY calculations.

Today its 01/04/2008: Heather from Bill Me Later, contacted me on 12/18 via email after going through my earlier complaint, but my yahoo account tagged it as BULK and I didnt notice the mail in BULK folder until New Years, I replied to her on 1/3/2008 and 1/4/2008. And to my surprise, the orginal complaint was removed from this site (I guess, it was reported as resolved or incorrect complaint or person cannot be traced!).

Comments

23rd of Aug, 2008

I was charged by FICO.com for an automatic renewal, that I was unaware of. Bill Me Later never sent an invoice until there was a late charge attatched. I had no idea that I owed the money ... I called FICO.com and they credited the account and cancelled the automatic renewal. Bill Me Later is charging me with the late fees along with interest. Is this legal. In all actuallity the charge never existed, and to make it seem even more "fishy" the company didn't even have my current address. (my mailman delivers all my mail from my previous address) I never received any invoices. Bill Me Later calls me day and night now. They are harrassing me for money that I don't feel that I owe.