Big Lots Stores / manager kathleen at store 4316

1 Redlands, CA, United States

I was hired on October 30, me schedule was 9-12, The manager Kathleen put me in the break room alone and said to watch 10 videos, I'm assuming training videos, well a three hour shift let me watch 6 videos, then went home, the next day October 31, 2018 my shift was 1-5 Kathleen my store manager had me stand in the front of the store and take tests on videos I watched, I explained I haven't watched all the videos, so I can't take the test, she said lie and answer yes that I've seen the videos, I explained I will fail the test if I haven't been fully trained, she got very angry and changed my no answer to yes, then she said Do you want to quit? I said no, she said hurry up, your to slow, You can't even finish training, I wasn't trained, then 2 more times said Do you want to quit? And she said, I can't use you! Right in front of the customers I was so embarrassed! And said this is why we hire young people! I'm 54! She said write me a resignation letter now and I will give you extra time on your paycheck, I didn't know why she hired Me then harassed, embarrassed me then forced me to resign! I was there a total of 4 hours, why wouldn't she train Me! So I gave her my letter and she said You can't even finish training! Thanks for trying! I am bringing a lawsuit against Big Lots for harassment, forced resignation, and not training me therefore she told me to quit!! My lawyer will be happily taking my case, Kathleen the manager at the Redlands store needs to be fired!
Dianne luine