Big Lots / overcharged

I bought two recliners from Big Lots at zero interest. I paid more then my monthly payment for months. I knew I was getting close to paying them off. I had another small credit card with retail services at the same time. I though I paid off the big lots but instead paid off the other one. At the same time I stopped getting statements. Didn't think anything of it. Then I received a phone call saying I was late. It seems I made a payment on line and they started sending me e-statements... I never get anything E-statement and hardly ever go to my email. I called immediately and explained it was their error and they refused to lower my interest rate or refund the finance charge back. They are also rating me 30 days late on my credit file. Real nice Retail Services... Won't ever do that again! BEWARE!!!

Va

Comments

• Lw
      25th of Sep, 2009

Big Lots is not the card issuer. That would be HSBC bak. Your issue woiuld be with them.

• Hm
      5th of Feb, 2010

The Big Lots Credit Card is issued by HSBC, all big lots does is process the application, payments are not made to big lots, nor does big lots handle the billing.

• Mr
      18th of Aug, 2010

As an employee, I will admit that the Big Lots branded credit card really sucks.
    It's hard to get, and the interest is too high. I'll stick with my Check card.