big bazaar/ future group / gifts always out of stock

1 India Review updated:

few months back the future group had this sone ki chidiya scheme, during that time we had collected sone ki chidiya to get watches but the watches were always out of stock and we had to satisfy ourself with koryo iron box.
Now last week i had purchased for more than 3000 rupees and am supposed to get the duffle bag as advertised by them but no, i have made three visits to the big bazaar for it but they send us back saying they dont have the stock. I wonder why they advertise when they are unable to provide the gift items. Even the exchange offer scheme is a big bogus.

Az

Comments

• Bh
      24th of May, 2011

This is to highlight the large scale cheating being done by Future Group Retail in the name of 'The Great Indian Shopping Festival'. I made a purchase worth Rs 1 Lak from Ezone and in turn acquired 400 SKC points, which they said could be redeemed for gifts. Offer period: April 16th to May 15th, 2011 (5 week-ends, 4 weeks). I made the purchase on April 28th from Ezone, Chinchwad, Pune. After about 15 days of trauma, I finally got my goods delivered (2 AC's, Mixer and a TV). They refused to give me a bill for the Mixer, saying it was not showing up in their stock. But they delivered the product. They also did not let me fill the lucky draw coupon saying they are running out of coupons (plain cheating!).

Finally the second round of trauma started when I went to redeem the SKC points. They had a huge catalog of gifts for which these points could be redeemed. (http://www.futuregroup.in/fgsf/gifts_prizes.asp).

For 200 points I purchased a 'Set of 3 Trolley Bags' by paying Rs 1499/-. However when I opened the package, I saw it I was cheated. It just had one trolley bag, another tiny trolley bag within it and another third airbag inside it. So it was a fraud that they called the third bag also a trolley bag.

I have been running around 3 stores to redeem the remaining 200 points. The catalog said they gifts could be redeemed at any of their retail outlets. However for the past 4 days I have been running around 3 of their stored to get those gifts. They always claim they are out of stock and the stock will never come again. How can you talk to a customer like that! One of them told me to go to Mumbai to redeem those points. All I wanted to redeem them was for : 20 pc Kitchen Set, 16 pc Stoneware Dinner Set and Single Trolley Bag. I visited Big Bazaar and E Zone in Chinchwad, Pune and to Pune Central, University road, Pune. At each of these places I was told to visit the other store.

Bharath