Big 5 Sporting Goods / Gave me a refund and took my money!
I am writing this so no one gets in the same situation I was put in. About 3 months ago I had a $50 purchase that I needed to return to Big 5 Sporting Goods . A younger girl helped me with the refund, and gave me a receipt print out that she said I needed to bring back when I wanted to use the store credit. Two weeks ago I went in and found something I wanted to purchase with the credit, and I was informed that the piece of receipt looking paper I had was not valid. I got very upset and asked to speak to the manager. He told me that whoever helped me months ago should have given me a gift card with the money loaded on it. We went back in forth, with me saying "I never got one" like 10 times. He said, "That is impossible because she couldn't have printed this out without first issuing the card." It came down to me finally saying "what can you do for me because I am owed this money?" He took my receipt and told me that he would call me back after he looked over the security tapes to find out who it was that had helped me because I couldn't remember. Needless to say...it has been many days now and he never called back. I have gone in several times as well and the manager is always gone.
More Big 5 Sporting Goods Complaints & Reviews
- Big 5 Sporting Goods Corporation - Unethical bunch of micro-managing idiots 
- Big 5 Sporting Goods - Area Supervisor is a ### 
- Big 5 Sporting Goods - Price Deception Tactics 
- Big 5 Sporting Goods - Racial Profiling/Discrimination
- Big 5 Sporting Goods - Bait and switch
- Big 5 Sporting Goods - denial of firearm safety certificate
- Big 5 Sporting Goods - staff complaint/ madera, ca
- Big 5 Sporting Goods - Big 5 sporting goods sells defective merchandize in violation of federal consumer protection laws
- Big 5 Sporting Goods - Hiking boots, worse than unscrupulous car dealers
- Big 5 Sporting Goods - Hiking boots