Bidz.com / unauthorized billing

1 3562 Eastham DriveCulver City, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 310-280-7369

I had bid on few items from Bidz.com. When my job was eliminated I contacted the company and explained that I would not be able to purchase the items and to go ahead and repost the items for bid to others. Bidz went ahead and used my credit card information and processed the items without my permission. They would not return my calls when I called to talk with a manager. He only spoke with me once and he was rude.

I contacted the BBB in their area and made no progress. They still owe me approximately $300.00. I tried to contact the people from VISA to report this problem and never received a response even though I sent several pages explaining the issue. Someone from Cardholder Services located in Tampa, FL, did not follow through with this issue. They are suppose to represent VISA.

I had to repeated return items that had gems fallen out of them or were simply bad quality. I will never do business with them again and I am spreading the word to anyone I know. Bidz response to the BBB was that they had tried to contact me, but they never did. The BBB closed the case with no resolution.

Va

Comments

• Bi
      30th of Oct, 2008

Dear Ms. McIntosh aka Nancy Adams

We would like to address some of the concerns presented in your inquiry.

Bidz.com is only able to process payments when customers contact us in order to process a payment. Once the payment is submitted we are unable to locate any credit card information.

In addition, we see that you were in fact contact on various occasions to discuss the matter. Not only did we send you emails, but we also attempted to contact you by phone. We also tried contacting you prior to your inquiry with the Better Business Bureau.

We do see on your account that you contacted us informing us about your work status. When you were assisted by one of our LiveHelp representatives you requested to have one item removed and that you will do your best to purchase your remaining items. After the payment was received you contacted us stating that it was an unauthorized charge. Therefore you returned the item(s), stating that the returning reason was (a) it was unauthorized (b) you were not satisfied. Once the refund was issued you stated that you should not be subject to a 15% restocking fee. Moreover, when you were contacted by our returns supervisor you said that if he reversed the 15% restocking fee you would drop the dispute.

We have reviewed your refunds, when we received your information from Visa, the funds were automatically reversed. The total amount disputed was reversed back to your payment method. Nothing is owed at this point.

Please feel free to contact us for any further questions or concerns.

Bidz.com/Buyz.com
    ACCESS OUR LIVE HELP LINK
    FOR 24 HOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE

• Ya
      3rd of Nov, 2008

I am customer at bidz.com i believe they are honest i think misunderstand happened between them

• Na
      25th of Mar, 2009

yes i agree. i have been doing business with them for quite sometime. they are honest. some people just like to exxagerate on ceratin things to cover up their own mess.

• Ka
      21st of Apr, 2009

I have done business with bidz.com many times. I have never had a customer service issue, because I have never had to contact their customes service department. I have always recieved exactly what I was told I was getting, and recieved my items in a timely manner. I work in a very labor intensive job and wear my engagement ring every day and have not had any problems with it (e.g. stones falling out, scratches), it is as lovely as the day it was purchased 2 years ago. My experience has been that bidz.com offers quality products at reasonable prices, I buy several pieces from them each year and have found that it is a excelent way for someone of limited means to build a nice little jewlery collection. I am going to post this on all the complaints against bidz.com as I think that people should hear another side of the story, so I have covered some problems not mentioned in this post.

• Xc
      15th of Dec, 2009

Thing is, complaints here are valuable in informing people about the unscrupulous dealings of Bidz.com but best thing we can all do, is start making complaints to the relevant authorities and by flooding the directors of bidz email boxes.

Complaints can be made to...

The Los Angeles Police Department. contact@lapdonline.org
    The FBI, IC3. https://complaint.ic3.gov/ctf.aspx
    Federal Trade Commission. http://www.ftc.gov/
    Better Business Bureau. http://www.bbb.org/us/
    Securities and Exchange Commission. http://www.sec.gov/
    US Department of Commerce. http://www.commerce.gov
    And anyone else you might think of. I have!

Bidz directors email addresses are...

CEO / David Zinberg. david@bidz.com
    President / CTO / Leon Kuperman. lkuperman@bidz.com
    CFO / Lawrence Kong. lawrence@bidz.com
    COO / Claudia Liu. claudia@bidz.com
    CCO / Larry Russell. larry@bidz.com
    Vice President / Executive Secretary / Marina Zinberg. marina@bidz.com
    Auctions Manager / Vilius Zukauskas. vilius@bidz.com
    Don't bother with customer services, there's a contradiction in terms. Go directly to the top people and flood their email boxes.

Don't forget, when approaching the authorities, where you can, provide any evidence you have. Emails, photographs, copies of bidz web site pages, anything that might be relevant. Join me in a campaign to bring these fraudsters down, it is time we did.

Cheers,
    And I hope you all have a very merry Christmas.

• Le
      25th of Jan, 2018

I have also been ripped off by these scam artists. Ordered a ring in December 2017. Item is paid, not shipped and nobody will respond to my enquiries.