Bidz.com / total, absolute rip off

This company must have great lawyers because they know how to rip you off with no fear of reprisal. I won a bid on a Tanzanite and Diamond ring when I got it, not knowing much about Tanzanite I was impressed with the deep colour. Not until months later when a friend looked at it with a jewellers loop the we distantly saw the infraction right through the center of the stone and the jagged cut on the bottom of the stone. I like other fools who fall for these scams need to smarten up. I take full responsibility for falling for this, but it won't happen again, and I hope you won't fall for it either.

Va

Comments

• Bi
      12th of May, 2008

Dear SusieQss,

It is very unfortunate to hear that you have not had a pleasant experience with Bidz.com. We would like you to know that Bidz offers outstanding value for its products through highly entertaining interactive auctions. Not only do we provide consumers a reliable source of bargain jewelry but we strive to provide the best in customer care. If you have received an item that is not as described or was damaged at delivery, you may return the item. Please note that all returns are done on a case by case basis.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns; we are more than pleased to assist you.

Bidz.com

• Sk
      15th of Mar, 2009

They constantly spam craigslist using auction.ult5.com and jewelrybidsite.com. They violate craigslist's terms of use forbidding listings of online auctions.

• Sh
      29th of Mar, 2009

I was completely scammed out of any merchandise at all!!! BIDZ.COM and the seller are one and the same person, amazingly enough and I was told I had to send the money TWICE because it did not register in their system the first time. I refused and was told that I would neither receive a refund or the merchandise if I did not comply with their demand of sending it again. It's a complete and total scam outfit & I am demanding action be taken by the attorney general - there are way too many complaints out there for nothing to be done.

• Ka
      21st of Apr, 2009

I have done business with bidz.com many times. I have never had a customer service issue, because I have never had to contact their customes service department. I have always recieved exactly what I was told I was getting, and recieved my items in a timely manner. I work in a very labor intensive job and wear my engagement ring every day and have not had any problems with it (e.g. stones falling out, scratches), it is as lovely as the day it was purchased 2 years ago. My experience has been that bidz.com offers quality products at reasonable prices, I buy several pieces from them each year and have found that it is a excelent way for someone of limited means to build a nice little jewlery collection. I am going to post this on all the complaints against bidz.com as I think that people should hear another side of the story, so I have covered some problems not mentioned in this post.

• Xc
      15th of Dec, 2009

Thing is, complaints here are valuable in informing people about the unscrupulous dealings of Bidz.com but best thing we can all do, is start making complaints to the relevant authorities and by flooding the directors of bidz email boxes.

Complaints can be made to...

The Los Angeles Police Department. contact@lapdonline.org
    The FBI, IC3. https://complaint.ic3.gov/ctf.aspx
    Federal Trade Commission. http://www.ftc.gov/
    Better Business Bureau. http://www.bbb.org/us/
    Securities and Exchange Commission. http://www.sec.gov/
    US Department of Commerce. http://www.commerce.gov
    And anyone else you might think of. I have!

Bidz directors email addresses are...

CEO / David Zinberg. david@bidz.com
    President / CTO / Leon Kuperman. lkuperman@bidz.com
    CFO / Lawrence Kong. lawrence@bidz.com
    COO / Claudia Liu. claudia@bidz.com
    CCO / Larry Russell. larry@bidz.com
    Vice President / Executive Secretary / Marina Zinberg. marina@bidz.com
    Auctions Manager / Vilius Zukauskas. vilius@bidz.com
    Don't bother with customer services, there's a contradiction in terms. Go directly to the top people and flood their email boxes.

Don't forget, when approaching the authorities, where you can, provide any evidence you have. Emails, photographs, copies of bidz web site pages, anything that might be relevant. Join me in a campaign to bring these fraudsters down, it is time we did.

Cheers,
    And I hope you all have a very merry Christmas.