Best Buy / late fees scam

1 PO Box 790441Saint Louis, MO, United States

Got a Best Buy credit card to pay off articles interest free. The problem comes with Best Buy Credit Services charging late charges fees at the rate of $35 dollars per month. I was almost done paying my balance but last November 2015 I learned the hard way they charged $35 dollars for late fees on payments done after the 5th of each month. I made payment on 11/10/2015, so OK I was late by accounting standards. To avoid this from happening again I made a payment on 11/21/2015, which is 14 days before the next cycle is closed on 12/05/2015. Still, they charge me late fees again for December 2015 for another $35. I made another payment on 12/10/2015, so I have done electronic payments about every 15 days straight from my bank account. I talk to two customer reps and they told me the due date is on every 5th or I get charged late fees. So, ok, I tell 2 of them to explain how is it they charged me late fees on 12/2015 if I made a payment on 11/21 and 12/10? They say their system is so dumb that unless you pay a couple of days before the 5th it either apply it to the previous month or future month cycle. All I know is that I was late when I paid on 11/10 because it was past 11/5, but these scam artists charged me late fees again on 12/5 although I made an electronic fund transfer on 11/21...14 days before 12/5 and again on 12/10 after the 12/5 cycle.

Ma