Best Buy/geek Squadassaulted by repairman

I had a service visit scheduled between 8 and 12. When the repairman arrived at 3:30, he marched into my house with no introduction other than, 'how's it going?' I said, 'I would appreciate the courtesy of a phone call if you are going to be this late.' His response was, '[censored] you!' He shoved me against the wall and marched out of my house, saying 'if you come after me, I'll put you on your #!"

I got on the phone and worked my way through four operators before I could relay the story. The response?"Well that is appropriate behavior for one of our technichians. When would you like to reschedule the appointment?" I have continued to call and email and 5 days later, still have no apology, explanation, or even a response (much less the repair I needed).

Comments

• Ba
      Oct 04, 2008

I'd call the cops on his @$$.

Oct 09, 2008

Wow even if he thought you were being a dick, that's still messed up

Nov 29, 2009
    Best Buy/geek Squad - Horrible Customer Service & Lies
    Best Buy/Geek Squad
    Hoover
    Alabama

Oct. 13, 3:31 P.M. - My husband & I dropped 46" Sony Bravia television off at Best Buy store #807's Geek Squad for repair. The television only had minor problems warming up when it was turned on. We paid 34.95 on our visa debit card to have television shipped to service center. We were told we would be contacted when they found out what repairs were needed. Probably take 2 weeks.
    We were only given a receipt, no service number.

End of Oct. - called back & "agent 1" thought that we had a 19" television. I corrected him and he said that our television was at the service center and that they must be ordering a part and that's what was taking so long. They would call us when they found out. No one did

Nov 5th - Called Agent 1 again because wanted to check status before going on vacation. Agents had no record of our television being dropped off. Was on the phone with them all morning back and forth and they could not find the location of our television. Agent 1 said a manager would call me about the situation that afternoon. No one called.

Nov 13th: Got back from vacation & called to check on television. Agent 1 had finally located the television, still sitting in the stockroom of the store. He said they would ship it express, and have the service expedite the order. He said he would call me when they shipped the television. He never did.

Nov 20th: Called to check on television. Waited for an hour on the phone while a different agent went in the stockroom to try to find out if the television had actually been shipped or not. He finally said that it had been shipped to the repair place and that it should be back on the 21st or 23rd. I told him that I was not contacted about the cost of any repairs that needed to be made on it. He said not to quote him, but that he thought since I had gone through so much trouble that the store had charged it throught their account and there may not be a charge for repair. He said that someone would call me when the television came in. No one called.

November 28th: Called to see if television had arrived. There was no record on the computers of it being back from service. I told them that I was told it was supposed to have been in on 21st or 23rd and they were supposed to call me. The agent said they would call me back in about 30 minutes. After 2 1/2 hours of waiting I called back and was told that our television had been in for a week, and that the charge to repair it would be 2100 dollars! I told them that no one had contacted me from the service center about repairs, and no one had called me to let me know that it had come in. They said that the service center returned the television because they weren't able to contact us, and the agent himself said he didn't know if that was true. They want me to pick up the television on 11/29 since I was not willing to pay the 2100 dollars to repair the back LCD panel that had gone out.

Nov. 29th - I called best buy and asked to speak to the manager of Geek Squad. They called me back and listened to the story that I had told you. I was very polite and asked if there was anything they could do to make me feel better about this situation. He said that "What did I want him to do to make me feel better? He would not replace my television, and there wasn't anything he could do." I told him I felt like I was mislead about the whole repair situation, and felt like my family was extremely put out because we had no television for two months and have been paying for satelite and HD television that we cannot use. He offered no solutions to my problem and did not even apologize for the way I was treated in this matter.

• Ic
      Jun 14, 2010

Still polite after all of that I am a German woman in Germany they would do something real bad against the company.Tip go to Craigslist they are so many people out of work they can fix Things and charge you less.
    I got my Car mechanic from there.

Sibylle