Bensons For Beds / Kingsdown / faulty goods
In brief, I purchased a bed on my Coop credit card on 15th August 2007. On the 17th August 2007 I reported the bed as being faulty. The matress dipped in the middle and there was a tear in the base of the bed. Pictures were obtained. All I was told was to "try the bed for the 40 day trial". I had just moved into a new home, and the bed was dismantled and had to be kept in the living room and the bedroom, along with another bed that I bought because the Bensons one was so uncomfortable. I paid a removal van firm to return the bed to Bensons, but when I got there I was told (eventually) over the phone by the manager that I would never get my money back. According to Bensons terms and conditions, a refund can be given on goods found to be faulty if reported "in a reasonable amount of time". Bensons were uncooperative and I was told I could not leave the bed there as it was my property and if I did leave it, it would be thrown outside. I approached the Coop credit card co. They would not refund my money. Eventually I could not cope with the bed in two rooms so I informed both firms that the bed had been put into storage I was told by the Coop that I had to prove that the bed had been returned. This I did, and in doing so, the Coop then debited my credit card for goods I no longer had. I threatened Bensons with court action and eventually I did get a refund. I wish to complain about Bensons and the Coop's attitude, as it took 12 months for a refund which should have been given at the start of my complaint. I would like to know how the Coop could debit my credit card when I hadnt got the goods, and that they were supposed to "help" me. Needless to say, I will never have dealings with above said firms again, as it has made me feel quite ill. I approached Trading Standards and Watchdog, but no-one seemed to want to get involved. Could you please advise?
More Bensons For Beds / Kingsdown Complaints & Reviews
- Sleepy's - Kingsdown Mattress - kingsdown give up making mattresses! 
- Kingsdown - Sleep To Live Series 800 - major sag 
- Kingsdown Series 600 Mattress - this bed is horrible
- Kingsdown Mattress - terrible experience!
- Sleepys/ Kingsdown - defective &sleep to live& mattress 
- Kingsdown - eloquence mattress sold by mattress giant
- Kingsdown - kingstown mattress and box spring set queen 
- Kingsdown - mattress has severe body indents
- Kingsdown - kingsdown king mattress.
- Kingsdown - b kristen lxpt kg lp set, sb kristen lxpt kg mat