Benjamin Franklin Plumbing / Do not use them

I used Benjamin Franklin Plumbing and they charged to run unnecessary tests only to make more money (although I told the technician I don't have an income since I'm unemployed) and told him I have a leak under the kitchen cabinets. So, the first think he checked under the kitchen sink and under the dishwasher, then he told me he needs to run a water pressure test to find where is the leak. he ran a test which took him less than 5 minutes and cost me $90 and came back inside the house to tell me the leak is under the dishwasher which he checked first think when he walked inside my house. He did not even shut the valve the supplied the dishwasher water to stop leak. So, I had to do it myself.

Af

Comments

• Wi
      28th of Jan, 2010

I called Ben Franklin Plumbing to fix the plumbing problems that my inexperienced contractor created. They came and told me that the plumbing wasn't installed correctly and then proceeded to tell me I had a leak in the wall behind the vanity. I paid almost $200. for that call. When they came back the next day to diagnose the leak in the wall I paid another $200. plus $400. to have the wall repaired after they cut into. Of course there was no leak in the wall and the guy told me that the shoddy plumbing job was bad but it was only a small bit of leakage and he left. I paid $815. total and I still have the same problem I had when I called them. I complained and a so called general manager came to my house to explain the charges and told me I needed to replace all the shoddy plumbing to fix the problem. Then he had the nerve to ask me if I wanted an estimate the fix the shoddy plumbing. I am livid and now I have to call a real plumber to fix the problem.

• Vi
      16th of May, 2010

Interesting complaint your first plumber did bad work which created the at least one leak. Why didn't you call that plumber back to fix the problem he created? The reason I am asking you this question is that I want to make sure I don't call your first plumber.

• Rb
      3rd of Nov, 2010

A few years ago a poster with your alias re-posted a complaint about me that some else had originally posted. The original complaint had no merit what so ever. Therefore the re-post had no merit. The whole thing has hurt my relationship with my family. Just like with the post about me, you like to join ("member since") each time you complain about someone. I can see how no one would really take Afur74 seriously if they saw just how many complaints Afur74 makes per unit time. So you go out of your way to make site users believe your not just a whiner. I believe you have the right to complain about anything that you personally feel ripped off about. Even if you are the most ripped of person on the face of the planet. In my case though, Afur74 re-posted a complaint someone else made a year before. Why would someone do that? He/she/(you) did it anonymously, with even the United States location being vague. I thought this was a cheap shot. In the unlikely event that you are a different Afur74 disregard this. Though you really do complain a lot.