Bell Mobility / $200 fee for being told to leave early
Anyone thinking of going to Bell for their cell phone, this is a warning.
After 8 years with Bell Cellular, having constant drop outs, and the odd extra charge for no reason, I decided to leave.
Calling their "helpful reps", I was advised that I had just a few days over a month to go on my plan.
They told me that when I move my number over (port it out), that that would count as the 1 month notice. (so no matter what I have to pay an extra month for nothing)
That is bad enough, but wait...check this out...
The rep told me that, if I ported out one month early, I would be paying the final month anyway, so I could do it early. I took her advice. I WAS TOLD TO LEAVE EARLY...and because I was paying for the last month, it made sense.
I left 24 days early, thus I will owe one month, and 6 days ...right?
I just got a final bill from Bell, they had tacked on an extra $200 early cancellation fee on top of the extra month I did not use.
I did what she advised, and now have to pay over $200 for doing so. Do they do this to make that extra little last $$. Tons of bad reports about Bell online. Some people getting charged $400, http://www.psyc3d.com/content/beware-of-bell-mobility
The Bell rep and manager on the phone yesterday were no help.
It is now in the hands of the Better Business Bureau. Wish me luck.
Any lawyers out there...I am losing sleep over this...
Before you even think of going to Bell, do some research online to keep yourself from getting overcharged by this horrible company.
More Bell Mobility Complaints & Reviews
- Bell Canada / Asurion - unfair business practice and poor customer service 
- Bell Canada - collection agency
- Bell Canada - constant billing errors 
- Bell Canada - over billing 
- Bell Canada - harassment customer service 
- Bell Canada - team stole my old modem after installing bell's
- Bell Canada - bell home service
- Bell Canada - one bill for internet, satellite and telephone service.
- Bell Canada - bell mobility
- Bell Canada - bell fibe