Belk / credit charges

1 naKnoxville, TN, United States Review updated:
Phone: na

Did you know that people get fired at Belk department stores for not opening charge accounts? It doesn't even matter how long or how loyal they are to the company. I think it is so sad. They are good loyal people that work hard and do a great job. Employee's should not be fired for not being able to open a charge account. I do believe that they should ask, but you cannot hold a gun to someone's held and make them open it.

I believe this is harassment.

Na

Comments

27th of Jan, 2008

Web site out of order!

• Ka
      8th of Aug, 2008

I want to make a same day pmt and cannot find where to go to make the payment

• Bh
      28th of Aug, 2008

Please send me the Belk online payment site.

Thanks!

• Sc
      23rd of Sep, 2008

Belk, is the worst company I've ever worked for . I don't understand how they sleep at night. we can't even get a restroom break .
    Our store manager talks to us like we are dogs, I would like to talk to someone who could help me in reporting them about several things including credit applications

• Me
      1st of Nov, 2008

I agree. The Belk website is next to useless, and they need to get a webmaster to fix it. It shouldn't be difficult for Belk to clearly indicate how payments may be made online.

• Li
      16th of Nov, 2008

Go to the belk.com site. Click on "Belk Credit Card" at the bottom. It will direct you to the payment site.

• Rh
      3rd of Dec, 2008

can not make a payment at all online and the site makes it hard to even find to make payment.

• Ha
      13th of Dec, 2008

Same here, i got fired for not getting credit applications, and they said i brought apon myself...

• Lo
      3rd of Feb, 2009

this is the hardest site . when you tried to pay your bills . it would be nice if you could make it less difficult. it takes about 30 minutes to get on to what you need to do

• Fi
      1st of Jun, 2009

Another Belk employee fired for not soliciting enough BELK crappy credit cards!!!
    SHOPPERS do you really like to shop where employees are getting fired for not harassing you enough to open and instant credit!
    Please don't shop at Belk.

29th of Jul, 2009

Belk sucks and they are still firing associates for not making their goal! However, they also still have a lot of associates that are still employed and not making their goal...go figure...they need to be taught a lesson.

• Mi
      25th of Mar, 2010

The Belk's website is a joke. I spent hours attempting to make a recent purchase of men's dress clothes. What's really funny is, due to some website error, I was able to purchase several items ranging from $50-$130 for $.01 each due to system errors. That kind of profit loss should draw some ones attention to the issues.

• Mi
      31st of Mar, 2010

Trying to pay bill on line is terrible. I don't have an hour trying to get site. Tired of this each month. What is the problem?It needs to be fixed.

• So
      6th of Apr, 2010

IT is true I work at a Belk and they HATE their employees. They treat their employees like they are ###. We have meetings every morning to talk about why or how come we have not opened enough credit cards our manager has actually asked us during a meeting "raise your hand if you like getting your pay cut" (well I don't because mine has 3 times) Well we have to keep our sells up and credits up in order to do this. Hmmm but each employe is expected to do the work of 3. mark downs, stock, set sales, get mountains of clothes out of the fitting rooms, run the register, chase people down for credit cards, etc. I have decided Belk has made some sort of deal with the devil and that involves opening credit cards.

14th of Jun, 2010

DO NOT get a Belk card. CAVEAT EMPTOR: they have no way of tracking payments though electronic funds transfer. I made my payment through my banks (very reliable) online bill pay service. Three weeks later I received a bill from Belk with late fees and warnings that I had not paid the previous month's bill. When I called customer service and gave them the date of the transaction, the amount, the EFT number, etc. they told me they would "file a statement" but that I was responsible for paying the whole amount again as they have no way to track electronic payments that come into them.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH BELK. I've been patronizing them for 40 years and it stuns me how much their customer service has gone down hill over the past 5 years.

• To
      23rd of Jun, 2010

Belk is definately the worst company to work for. The Belk Brothers are greedy and selfish. They line their pockets with bonuses and give thousands of dollars to different organizations, while cutting their employees pay and firing the rest for not opening credit cards in this tough economy. They put an enormous amount of work on their employees in bad work conditions. It's like working in a sweat shop in a third world country.They are taking advantage of the fact there isnt a lot of job opportunities out there, so they literally do what ever they want to their employees regardless of how unfair, inhuman and humilating it may be. Belk brothers SHAME ON YOU.

• To
      23rd of Jun, 2010

Belk is a bad place to work because they hire you with a certain salary, and if sales are bad for what ever reason, they cut your pay, over and over again until you either quite or fired for not opening credit cards. They force you to open up credit accounts. They force their emplyees to do the work of three people, the managers walk around doing absolutely nothing to help their overworked sales people.
    The company is so unorganized it's a joke. how did it ever survive this long is beyond me. The BBB need to look into their business practices.

• Xc
      27th of May, 2011

i love belk

• Xc
      27th of May, 2011

u agree to the job when u take it knowing ur goals why accept if u feel its unfair

• La
      13th of Dec, 2011

I love working for Belk. I really believe this is one of the best companies out there. They pay you for the work you do and not who's b-tt you kiss. I work very hard but am rewarded for it and appreciate them. My Manager's work twice as hard as I do and are always willing to help me when called upon. I find it very easy to exceed the credit card application goals. We all try hard in our store because we want our store, Managers and ourselves to shine. When I retire from my State employment, I plan working full time with Belk because they treat their employees well.