Bcbsil.com / I have PPO and STILL cannot get the medical treatment I need

I have a medical condition where I need sclerotherapy. I have a venous disease. I need to know where I could go to file a complaint against Blue Cross-Blue Sheild for denying me coverage. This is serious. Left untreated could lead to disability, embolisms, painful skin ulcers(which I already have one).

They told my doctor they were denying me because I "never wore compression hose". Well, I never knew I needed them. I am not a doctor and neither are they. The insurance company needs to stop playing doctor and give people the medical treatment they need. What will they next tell a patient with heart conditions, "we're sorry, we can't help you because you should have done this or that to begin with". My doctor also told me the condition is hereditary.

I am unable to locate the physical address at this time, but I just want to know where I can file a complaint. I have PPO and STILL cannot get the medical treatment I need.

Ga

Comments

• Th
      11th of May, 2009

Garold,
    There are so many possibilities of what could actually be happening that it would really be best for you to contact your HR department and/or agent depending if you are on an individual or group policy.

In my experience BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois is one of if not the best insurance company when it comes to customer service and claims payments.

• Ro
      20th of Jul, 2017

@theguy Then that is very sad! They have lied to me and now tell me I'm not covered though they said I would have coverage this year. It doesn't matter what their employees say or not!

• Mi
      11th of Mar, 2013

BCBSIL is trying to deny coverage for my allergy testing and treatment because it is a "pre-existing condition", meaning I had problems with watery eyes and itching as a kid and my doctor checked off "allergies" in my chart and gave my anti-histamines. As an adult i have developed serious life threatening allergies and had to be tested and they are trying to deny all doctors visits and testing pertaining to my "condition" because in my GROUP POLICY "pre-existing conditions" are excluded, which i did not know. WHo do I yell at about this?