BB&T / biggest rip-off i've seen in a while
My husband and I have recently amassed almost $400 in overdraft fees from what we thought was an institution we could trust. How much was actually overdrafted, you might ask? Less than $100. Our other account had well over $100 in it which would have covered those items. Did BB&T think to check our other accounts for the money? No! Did they notify us with a phone call or email to let us know that this cascade of fees was beginning? No!
I called the bank after the initial $70 had been charged over (you're going to love this) $7.00 of overdraft, and I asked them if I could opt out of this so-called Overdraft Protection. That would mean my card would simply be declined if I didn't have the funds in my account. A little embarrassment at the checkout line, but I could deal with that. The woman that I talked to acted like I had just asked HER to pay the overdraft fees. "You can't opt out of overdraft fees!" she told me. Other banks, like the credit union we will soon be joining, allow you to do this, or to link 2 or more accounts to cover any overdrafts. Will BB&T let you do this? Of course not! They'd lose all those nice fees!
And what happens when you know that your account is going to overdraft and you go to your local branch and give them CASH to put in your account? At my previous bank, they would immediately credit your account with this money to prevent unnecessary charges. Does BB&T do this? Absolutely not! Why then they wouldn't be able to charge you hundreds of dollars in fees!
My husband and I trusted this bank with our hard-earned money, and they have failed us. I would never recommend putting any amount of money with this institution.
More BB&T Complaints & Reviews
- BB&T Bank - they will flat ruin you! 
- BB&T - bb&t class action lawsuit 
- BB&T - loan modification 
- BB&T - frauds and scam 
- BB&T Bank - hold on my account 
- Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&T - return fees
- Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&T - checking account
- Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&T - hold and overdraft fees on my checking account
- Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&T - fraudulent bank services
- Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&T - overdraft fees