Baumatic / bad service and product

Bought a baumatic electric fan oven and every 14 months the heater element packs in. It need a service engineer to fit the new part. Sounds simple until you have to wait 2 months for the engineer to call. I rang services to check that the engineer was on his way only to receive a call from him at 3.45pm to say that he was not feeling well and that he has to go home and he would not be calling to fit the part that he had in his hands. I couldnt believe it so I rang services and they said that I would have to wait 2 weeks for a service engineer to call as he was not in my area!! I cannot believe it!! The part has still not been fitted!! Every time the engineer comes out I have to keep paying him for the work and parts needed. I have therefore learned that I shall NEVER PURCHASE A BAUMATIC APPLIANCE AGAIN!!!

A  24th of Mar, 2010 by
I had exactly the same thing happen to me, with being phoned at 1pm by the engineer company (when I'd already taken the whole day off work) that the engineer had gone home sick, and that my job would have been the next on his list!!!
The baumatic saga is continuing for us, so far two engineers have been out to our PCG7110ss 70cm gas range cooker. For the past 3 weeks we have expected the engineer to call but they haven't turned up. Then Engineer Co. blames it on baumatic for not sending job ticket thru, and baumatic blame it on engineer service for losing the docket! If anyone is thinking of buying baumatic, I would strongly advise them not to. We are stuck with a cooker that has control knobs that are extremely hot, you cannot touch them for more than a second. The cooker is sub-standard and at a price tag of 705 pounds, is really heartbreaking. So far I have taken 6 days off work and am still no further forward.

Baumatic Logo Baumatic