Baumatic / Breaks down regularly

United States Review updated:

Breaks down regularly. Filter doesn't work and lets all the crap clog up your pipes. Will need replacing within 18 months. Don't bother buying one this BDW10 dishwasher. Spend a little more money, avoid Baumatic and get one which will work.
Va

Comments

Ha
  29th of Jun, 2011
Dear Mr Bianchi and Mr Holt

I am writing in relation to a terrible experience I have had with Baumatic today, On Sunday my washer dryer broke down. I called first thing Monday morning and was given an appointment for Wednesday 29t June. Today I took the day off work and whilst waiting for him I missed a call from a mobile number, i called it back within 5 minutes to find it was the engineer who had failed to locate my property and as a result had gone off to another job and would not be coming back. i called customer services who said the first available appointment was 12th July. I called back explaining that waiting 2 weeks for an appointment when I have a small child and full time job was unacceptable and suddenly an appointment appeared on 8th July. Still this was not good enough being 10 days away. I asked for the name of the relevant person to contact to complain about the service and tried to locate a number to call her on. Not being able to find one i called back and spoke to a third advisor who said that they would try and find me an earlier date and suddenly 5th July was found. I still think that waiting another week for an engineer visit is completely unacceptable - I paid extra for the guarantee on this product and would expect that it could be fixed a lot quicker than that. If I were to call and pay for myself an engineer I could get it sorted in a couple of days but I do not want to pay myself and I am not sure why you cannot in these situations foot the bill for an outside repair man to come in place of your clearly overworked engineer.

At the end of my third call i asked to be put through to Jenny Charlton and I was told that it was not possible and a management call back would be requested. I imagine they wont bother to call until after my engineer has finally arrived.

I also find it unbelievable that in the space of 15 minutes 3 different advisors were able to find 3 different appointments all a few days apart - and all of them claiming that these appointments were the soonest available. If I believed the first advisro I spoke to I would be witing 2 weeks for an appointment. So am i to believe that if I continue to call all day i might be able to get myself an appointment tomorrow?
If your one engineer is so busy that there are no appointments for 2 weeks I would seriously consider employing another engineer to help him as clearly he is overworked.

I have had endless problems with my Baumatic appliances, - oven, hob, dishwasher, extractor fan and washing machine, not one of the has worked perfectly since I bought them and after this experience I will never buy Baumatic again.

I would really appreciate it if you could look into this as i feel a response time of this length is completely unacceptable. I think if you are unable to get your own engineer out to visit you should either pay him overtime and make him come back or alternatively send another company over to do the job or just send me a new washer dryer - i am probably owed one given the amount `i spend on extended guarantees and the amount this machine has broken down.

I look forward to hearing back from you.
Mr
  7th of Nov, 2011
I have had the exact same problem baumatic customer service advisors are the worst I have ever dealt with we have had a problem with our washer dryer the engineers take forever to come out we have had 4 parts fitted to our washer now all the same part which keeps breaking. we have been without a machine for over 2 months and still seems nothing is being done. I will never buy from baumatic or ever recommend to anyone.
Am
  25th of Nov, 2011
My own experience wih Baumatic is equally as dreadful. My washing machine has broken down 4 times in 16 months !! The first time was within the first month and I had to wait 9 weeks for a replacement motor. It's since had a new pump ( I waited 3 weeks) and has now gone again, new motor (again), pcb and drum this time !! I've complained and demanded a new one..Apparently my complaint is with a Director who, apparently will authorise a new one...This time I have been without a machine for nearly 3 weeks !! Would also like to add that I've had to use the machine without any paddles in the drum, as you can't get any replacements for love nor money !! Because I have a young family I've had no choice to use it like that & I've lost count of the amount of clothes it's ruined. I won't mention their Customer Service, as language I would use is no repeatable, lets just say they don't exactly bend over backwards to help you. So I will continue to wait for my new machine, which might materialise before Christmas, and will never ever by another of their products again and have advised everyone I know to do the same...

Baumatic Logo Baumatic