Bath and Body Works / caused health problems

I recently bought a Wallflower pluggable fragrance set from Bath and Body works during their Semi annual sale. I came home and put it in my bedroom hoping to get a nice fragrance all day long. But instead it filled my bedroom with this smell which made feel nauseous and I had watery eyes. I opened the window in my room thinking it must be something else but still I felt the same. Now everything in my room smells of it. My bed sheets and clothes and even my hair. Even when I goto work I get that lingering smell from my hair no matter how much perfume I use. I removed it the same day from my room. But I still have that nauseous feeling. I am sure they use some chemicals that have caused it. It must have definetely given out some fumes that penetrated deep inside my bedding and clothes and my hair.
I will be going to the doctor tomorrow to get a check up. I checked on BBW website they dont have any phone numbers given and all I could do is fill out a form which I am sure they will not be bothered about checking.
Damage Resulting = This product affected my health. I am feeling nauseous since I put this in my bedroom and hair smells of the wallflower scent due to which I keep on feeling nauseous all day long.

Me

Comments

23rd of Jan, 2010

this is the most amazing complaint i have ever read. thank you. you are an idiot.

• Lo
      8th of Feb, 2010

well i have sinus ... o buy several of them and plug them all over my home and since i had them on my house i get this kind of allergy . i have a very serious sinus infection .. i cant say that they are super but they are bad for me

• St
      7th of Jan, 2011

I agree with you completely. The wallflowers fragrance is way too strong and contains some scary chemicals that some people react to negatively. It bothers me too. Don't listen to the other commenters on this site. They are rude and have too much time on their hands.

• Ke
      30th of Mar, 2011

I purchased the True Blue Tanning Spray and I too got a dead rotting body smell. Everything that was in the bathroom where I sprayed, towels, shower curtian, bath rug, walls had to be repainted, my clothing, my bed clothing, aprrox $500. worth of home goods had to be thrown away. And as with this other lady the smell in my hair which was not sprayed but what laid on my shoulders still has this dead body smell. When I complained they offered me a $50 gift card. REALLY?? They wanted everything that I had thrown away, all that stuff was garbage and was put out that day. Poor garbage man when he open the can. If that is all they have to offer they can keep it. I will get my money back from complaining on every social network I can find. Don't buy this spray unless you like the smell of a dead body. I was in the rescue squad for years and unfortunately I had to smell this odor more than once but at least it went away when I left the room. I went to the beach a week later and the maid that cleaned the room had to throw the pillow away from the odor still in my hair. It has been two weeks now and I am still smelling this odor that is in my hair and still in the washing machine where we tried first to wash all the towels, clothes and bedding. So I feel like this is a true claim whether they have the items or not. And dumb [censor] me bought 9 cans of this crap. It did tan but the odor was difinitely not worth it. They just have no idea of the damage it caused me and my family. From now on it will be the real sun or I will just stay blinding white. I was spray tanned at the beach with no left over odor or damage so I know that it was not my body chemistry. True Blue Airbrush Tanning Spray is BAD! Dont but it, dont buy anything from that greedy company. Kev R

12th of Jan, 2012

I bought new wall flower fragrance for my home and within 24 hrs my body reacted with a severe red itchy rash and my face swelled 4x normal. I ended up in an emergency room having every possible test known. All results came came back normal. I am most positive since the wall flower was the only thing new in my environment that this was the cause.

• Al
      14th of Dec, 2012

Used one 2 days ago, Headache, nausea, swelling gums, palate, tongue, throat. For the past 2 days.

7th of Jun, 2013

I just recently bought the honeysuckle wallflowers and three wick candle. I plugged them in on Sunday...within hours of plugging them in I became very nauseous. I didn't make the connection until Friday. I had a terrible headache all week, felt nauseous all week and had a very upset stomach. On Friday, I started to get a sore throat and couldn't taste. I had unplugged the wallflower in my bathroom because it was so strong on Monday, but I had left the one in the living room plugged in. Friday, the light bulb went off when I walked by the wallflower in the living room and instantly got nauseous. I threw all of it out.

• Su
      15th of Jul, 2013

Anybody have problems with bath and body works staining their clothes? After narrowing down what could possibly be causing stains all over my teenage daughters fronts of her shirts. I came to the conclusion that its the body mist causing it. She told me her friend is having the same problem so i am suprised i am not seeing anything on the internet about it.

• Er
      27th of Jun, 2017

My boyfriend is a fragrance nut loves candles, plugins, etc...well he recently purchased wallflower pineapple from BBW and I had the worst allergy reaction. Eyes burning where I could hardly keep them open. Nose watering, and feeling lethargic. It was horrible. This stuff is toxic people better wake up I have read it causes liver cancer. And anything that can eat through paint and you are heating it up could not possibly be good for your body. This is the damage to nightstand a month ago. I turned wallflower unit upside down on nightstand not realizing the oil was acid ate through the wood finish.

• Re
      13th of Sep, 2017

@Erni Jones anything oil based will eat through wood. I set my perfume bottle on my dresser and it did the same thing.

• Re
      13th of Sep, 2017

however i have been battling a chemical smell in my nose for years and cannot find the cause. but yesterday i noticed when spraying one of the mists on that it resembles that odor. Just trying to find a cause for these odors.

• Di
      27th of Apr, 2018

I just happened to come across this and I'm going to agree one hundred percent that there is something not right with the bath and body works wall flower plug ins. I was using them this winter 2017 and bought a few new wall flower plugs and I have been sick as a dog for the longest time. I have had repeated occurrences of headaches and a pain in the back of my throat. I had the worst sinus issues ever, getting up 5 to 6 times a night getting warm and cool compresses to calm my sinuses so that I could actually sleep by attempting to dull the headache pain that sometimes turned into migraines that I would have to fight off. When the bulbs ran out of oil a few weeks ago, I didn't replace them and I have noticed that I feel much better. They also still use parabens and other chemicals I try to avoid in all of their lotions, bath gels so I don't use any of that stuff. Several years back my mom broke out with a horrid rash on her hands and mine was almost as bad from the deep cleansing hand soap and it took a lot of money and doctor visits to get my mom's hands under control. I haven't noticed if the candles are a trigger, I will be brave to burn one I recently bought to find out, but if it does, all of that crap is going back to bath and body works ASAP.

• Yo
      10th of May, 2018

@Diamond Anderson I totally agree, because I'm currently having the same sinus issues. I just wrote a review regarding my experience.

• Yo
      10th of May, 2018

Within the past 2-3 weeks I bought 3 different scents of the wall flowers from Bath & Body Works & this has been the most horrible experience of my life when it comes to my allergies. At first I thought it was something around my apartment complex considering that Spring is approaching, but when I'm at work I'm fine, but soon as I step foot it my apartment my nose gets real stuffy. I wake up with itchy throat, mucus around my eyes & my eyes are forever irritated & itchy. Allergy pills, vick's rub, thera flu, just anything didn't work. So I thought back on what was it that I recently bought in my apartment, because it's something in there & sad to say because I LOVE the scents, it was the plug ins. When I went back to my original home town for a weekend, I didn't have sinus issues like the ones I have in my apartment at all. Soon as I got back, they started again. So, this morning before leaving for work, I placed all 3 outside in my shed & will wash my bed sheets & Lysol my whole apartment to see if that is it. But I can guarantee 100% that that is what it is cause I never had an issue like this with my sinus to be like this 2-3 weeks straight.