Bata India Limited - Bata Shoes / Soles of the newly purchased shoes damaged

1 India Review updated:

After purchasing a shoe for a high price of 1200-/- It is really disheartening that the shoe has shown such a complaint.

I had been purchasing Bata shoes even from my school days and had always liked the brand..But now surprisingly I am forced to hate it... As i have started observing many complaints in this brand. I am worried about the quality concept being lost at Bata.

I have purchased Bata shoes on 17th February 2007 from the company operated showroom near the signal at Gandhipuram, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India. The sole of the towel has just got damaged after a very limited use. A large crack has occurred in the sole and has opened up. Another crack has started appearing on the other shoe also. I have lodged my complaint in the store where I had purchased it, and found that the response though good... it is of no use to me as they had asked me to report to the Calcutta office - customer care centre... I am surprised by the fact that i buy a shoe at Coimbatore and I had to lodge a complaint at Calcutta.

I was informed that the shoe can be given the compensation by 100% only within 15days of purchase and nothing can be done after 75 days. I do not expect shoes from Bata to only hold good for 75 days as the same guarantee can be given by a unauthorized roadside vendor. I expect more from bata to take care of the customers.

Being an Quality Assurance officer in an reputed organization, I am extremely conscious about the quality of a product and customer satisfaction, as we take atmost care to retain our customers. I would expect a similar role from Bata India limited too.

I would like to know from BATA how they are going to treat my complaint. The way they are to respond to my complaint would reflect their faith on the Quality system and Customer satisfaction.

Comments

• Pr
      18th of Nov, 2008

sir
    i have purchased the shoe articale no 6906 at bata india limited bajaja bazar Alwar on date 27.4.2008 but now this show room has been closed. sir my shoe's sole has been cracked. please tell me where i have to file this complain.
    pradeep

• Su
      1st of Dec, 2008

To,
    The BATA

Sub: Replace shoes which has damage

Dear Sir

I have purchased Bata shoe Rs1299/- on Sep 2008 from the company operated showroom Of South x New Delhi, India. The got damaged after a very limited use. Another crack has started appearing on the other side also. I have lodged my complaint in the store where I had purchased I am very surprised by the fact that i buy a shoe before 2 and half month, it got damage . At the time of purchase shopkeeper insured me if any damaged if you will find we will replace So I want to replace this shoe immediately

With Regards

Shubham ravi

• Ra
      10th of May, 2009

Hi,

I have purchased a shoe from a Bata shop near city centre (Kolkata outlet). The manager was very rude, and instead of helping he directly mis behaved with me. I am also from a retail background & I know what a customer service is. Its horrible to find such a service from a prestigious company outlet. I have to think twice to enter in bata shop, and will intimate my friends also regarding this incident. My complain may not affect you but definately today or some other day you people will definately realise...

• Pr
      23rd of Aug, 2009

Ya, i too agree with this complaints. My name is Prakash. I have faced the similar problem and fighted with the vendor and came to know that BATA is not giving warranty more than 75 days. Even the shoe is used limitedly, everything is going off in the shoe. I would feel simply trusting the Brand Name Bata is waste. It is better to go for Road side shoes. I have faced the same problem ad was given Rs 50 for repairing. My shoe cost is nearly Rs.2300. It is 100% cheating.I dont know who will take action against this.

• Ki
      2nd of Nov, 2009

Dear Sir,

This is to inform you that I, Ms. Kiran Bhatt, Purchased a pair of Bata Shoes from BATA Showroom, "BATA Shoe Store", COLABA BUS STN
    BELA COURT,
    SHAHID BHAGAT SINGH ROAD
    SASOON DOCK, COLABA,
    MUMBAI - 400 005
    Tel. 22833504 on november 1, 2009 for Rs. 499.
    On finding next day that the shoe given to me ws of wrong size.
    the sales person refuses to take it back next day,
    the bill shows that there would be 100 % replacement for a shoe used till 15 days, ,
    please help me, ,

THE MANAGER
    BATA SHOES
    GURGOAN.

Dear sir

I am very much regret to inform you that I have purchased bata shoes in the month of December 09 model No 8816650 MRP 1499.00 at M/S BATA, KOPPIKAR ROAD, HUBLI 580020 (KARNATAKA STATE). Leather coming out from the shoes for you kind information Please find herewith photo of the shoes

My family and my friends are regular user of BATA products, this is the first time I was disappointed with your product. Regarding this I informed to your dealer but they are not taking any responsibility, they are asking for the Invoice but invoice was lost by me.

I am also a reputed company’s sales supervisor, if products default comes to our notice we try to solve the problem as soon as possible but your dealer is not ready to take any responsibility.

You are the leading company in footwear I hope you will take this as an important matter and try to solve the problem as early as possible.

Thanking you

Regards

Shreekant R Malode

• Nk
      21st of Mar, 2010

plz refer my complaint(e-mail) & refer my e-mail to customercare to take an action . i requested many time for my shoe replacement but not any action is taken by office . showroom manager did not replace my shoes because article no. is diffrent which is supplied by you on my e-mail id .plz correct article no. 8014336 nixon . plz intimate to showroom manager MR.RAKESH (MOBILE NO-09926699841) & INSTRUCT TO CO-OPERATE ME plz extend the last date of replacement.
    NK AHELLEYA, BHOPAL

• Wo
      22nd of Jan, 2011

I have been pourchasing a lot of products from bata. But in recent times, their quality ans service has come down drastically. I started a hate for this brand after my shoes came apart in just a week of using it. when apprached the store, they told it cannot be replaced but only repaired. Who would like to use a shoe reparied within a week. I am not confident the product will last any longer. Their customer care is pathetic. Hope someone from Bata is looking at these seriously before it is too late

17th of Feb, 2011

Hi,

I have been informed by the customer service department person of Bata that I have to put up a mail to the customer.service@bata.co.in for any query related to shoe repair / replacement and I will get the revert from the department within 24 hours of putting up a mail. But still no courtesy has been shown after sending the reminders also.

The goods were purchased just 1 month back. And I have already done so many communication with your customer service department but no one is ready to answer my question.

After looking all the above complaints it seems that i have made a big mistake by purchasing the BATA shoe. Forget about the quality, customer service is also the worst.

Sorry to say the quality has drastically gone down and the customer service from BATA, is very bad.

• Pa
      14th of Jun, 2011

I have purchased a shoe from bata in last September, now I am seeing that sole is getting separated . Please send the repair shop ph no in my mail address . My mail address is parthabhattacharya11@yahoo.com

• Sh
      30th of Oct, 2011

Dear Sir,

This is to inform you that . this is GANADHAR from Armoor Nizamabad (dst) A.P . I won’t open new retail Business in armor .I won’t about the process of opening new retail Business mart .Please let me know bout the information .

Regards,
    GANGADHAR
    CELL:91-9849028898

• Je
      20th of Nov, 2011

Hi
    I wanted to share my experience & writing a mail with deep regret and anguish as I had visited along with my family on dated on 18th Nov-11 @ 9:20 to your BATA showroom located at Bannerghatta Road Bangalore next to Petrol Pump,

Its was 9:20pm when your shop was above to close & the staff was above to pull the shutter, I was inside my car & asked my wife to request the staff for purchasing a pair of white canvas shoes form my son, My wife entered the shop & ask the cashier.. Hi I need to purchase a pair of white canvas shoes, the cashier & other staff was busy gossiping in Malayalam language, she again said excuse me can you give me a pair of shoes, the staff replayed arrogantly no we are close, madam come tomorrow, No pls help me as tomorrow will be to late as my son has to attend the class @ 8am, No no Pls go away that is not my problem, you should have planed since morning why now at this time, do you think we are dog to slog for 24hrs, My request again don’t worry I know what is want to purchase Pls… Staff laughed at her & asked her to leave, she came out of store, I asked her what happen? did you manage to buy, she replied those 3 boys at the store are bunch of Joker has no respect for a women, I said ok let me request them…

Me & my wife again entered the store, 1 of them came out of the counter and looked at my wife and told, are you mad to come back again after telling that we are close, I was very irritated & furious that how can a staff talk to my wife in this fashion, I immediately asked the staff how dare you talk to my wife like this, he did not respond & started walking towards store room, I stopped him & asked for the shop manager/owners mb numb, he stood back & came close to my face & said this is company you get lost from hear as I am getting angry now, I stood their & did not no what to do with this arrogant staff who was constantly laughing on us & chatting in their mallu language, but I would understand few of their action that they were abusing me, I finally wanted to give them back & walked up to counter & said this is not done your billing counter is still open & your are fooling us, Both of them came out of the counter & started using vulgar language on me & tried to push me out, my wife was very embarrassed with their language, she finally could not tolerate any further & pulled my hand towards entrance, as we were walking, 1 of them replied ? get out are else you will be physically pushed out of the store, I stood & tried to tell him that you will face the music for the bad behavior, he came all the way & cot my T-Shirt & ask me to go are else I will not be able to control my anger, my mom & son rush from the car & took me out,

I really don’t know, what type of quality benchmarks are you following during the course of your manufacture. You are literally taking the Customer for a ride without adhering to any quality benchmark/standards. I feel your Bata showroom is just a show piece with high pricing and with no customer service, and is no more better than an ordinary store where there is no quality at all. Please introspect and take necessary action and these things are not repeated. Customers like me will always vouch. Time is not far, if you start facing legal action for your pathetic service and scant, I am so disappointed that I am being wearing bata shoes right from my childhood & now my children’s,

Trust I will never again step in any of your bata stores in my dreams!!! Pathetic & poor customer service

I will certainly take this to a next level & will consult my office legal team on this worst horrifying experience of my life

I don't know whether you will bother about this feedback. But if you have every cared to care for your patrons, I would like to believe that you will respond.

Jeetu Patel

• Ur
      24th of Nov, 2011

I have buy a one pair of bata shoes. it is not fit for me

• Vi
      6th of Jan, 2012

DEAR SIR,
    I HAVE PURCHAES THE BATA POWER SHOE AT AKOLA OF RS. 1150/- . THE NAME OF SHOP IS SHOE MALL, AKOLA. THE SHOE IS DAMAGED IN UPPER BOTH SIDE. PLS DO THE NEEDFUL. MY NAME IS VINOD BENDE. MY PHONE NO. IS 9370216167.

• La
      13th of Sep, 2012

dear sir i have purchase bata shoe from your showroom shop 02064 malad 2 article no 851-6121 last 45 days before the shoe is damage in upper both side n have had purchase 2 pair of shoe at same day 1 pair amount given from me is 1699/ so pls do the needful.. my name is lalit rawal my no is 9833976302 n sir i have done mail aslo at customer.service@bata.co.in no respone given