Barnes & Noble / no credit for returned books

Monroe Township, NJ, United States Review updated:
In october 2007 I mailed in 10 books, in one box, for return credit to barnes and noble. All the packing slips were included in the shipment. They were all packaged in one box. I received credit for 7 of the returned books, but it has been a constant battle for the last three books. The customer service people insist that they have not yet received the books in question but I know that is impossible as I sent them all in the same box - realistically, if they received the first 7 books, then they must have received the last 3. I have been corresponding with these people since october and have found them to be completely without empathy and have no idea what customer service is. I have all the original emails sent to me by them, most of them with differing stories and resolutions.In fact one of them promised that I would have my credit within two billing cycles, that was two months ago. Someone owes me for the 3 books returned. This is getting increasingly more frustrating. Barnes and noble has the worst customer service i've ever experienced. I've cancelled my b&n membership and credit card and will never do business with these people again. Can anyone help me??!!
Va

Comments

Ro
  2nd of Apr, 2008
I ordered two DVD's online with a gift card in December, and two months later I received an empty package. I called their customer service line which is 1-800-The-Book and they told me that they would send it again.

Just today I remembered that I had never received the DVD's. I called them and they told me they could not do anything about it. I'm never buying from them again.
Wi
  16th of May, 2008
Terrible customer service. Tried to make a return after 14 days of a gift that was a duplicate. No one at the store had the authority to ok it even tho we shop there every week. Dont buy your gifts at Barnes and Noble.
Do
  27th of Jul, 2008
I never go to Barnes & Noble so I never had a problem.
Id
  20th of Jan, 2009
I ordered birthday gift for my little grandson on line, Learn to Draw projector kit. I paid the $3.00 extra to have it gift wrapped and had it shipped to his house in ID. UPS did a good job of delivering it but when my grandson opened the package, all the contents of the projector kit was gone and replaced with 2 small empty boxes, pieces of paper, a broken buzz lightyear toy, a baby bib, 2 plastic fruits. I contacted them by email 2 days later still no word, so i dug till i found the phone number and was told that they no longer have the item in stock but would refund my money to my debit card when they receive the bad gift. I told them I was not paying to ship it back to them and they need to process my refund so I can afford to buy him the gift somewhere else. After a few heated words, she said she processed refund request but would still take 3-5 business days, it didnt take them 3 hours to deduct it from my account but it takes that long to get it back to me.
They have lost me as a customer and i will tell anyone that will listen!!!

Barnes & Noble Booksellers Logo Barnes & Noble Booksellers