Barnes And Nobles / Nook / nook customer service

Barnes and nobles has very poor customer service. I do not understand why they would invent a product like the nook and hire piss poor personnel to deal with the customers. They are just plain rude, not only will they cut you off before you can even tell them your issue. I had one lady tell me I didn't even have an email registered there, i've been with b&n over 15 years, bus she couldn't spell jamaica! She kept taking deep breaths, like I was bothering her but she's the one that couldn't spell. I've even gone so far as to go into the store to allow the associates there to deal with them and the "corporate" office seems to be just as rude as to them. My complaints were about books missing from my library after a software upload, gift cards not being charged, missing gift cards, nook books with missing chapters, etc. I was called by a rep, rasheed west-ford, he spoke very loud and was no help at all. He sent me one email stating they were not aware of any other customers having the issues I was having and exactly 3 mins later he sent another one stating the exact opposite. So finally I was offered a $25 egift card for my trouble, I arrived almost a year later and then there was no money on it! I couldn't make this up if I tried! So I email mr. West-ford (Who can be reached directly at [protected], he claims is direct boss is the vp of customer relations) and got an out of office reply, eventually he returned and sent me an email stating the exact order numbers that I used to deplete the gift card. I did make the purchases but they were not charged to that gift card! This is awful, I have an entire spreadsheet dedicated to b&n, i've exchanged exactly 113 emails, 19 complaints, over 187 phone calls, 29 gift cards, $1, 009.47 of purchases and 48 store visits! Yet b&n launches the color nook and had the nerve to email me about it. Really? They can't provide reasonable customer service for the current nook! The bad part is that b&n is a good company that have decided to employ awful people, I would love to see the qualifications and training the employees are required to have. If it is more than three paragraphs, i'd be amazed!

Comments

• Bl
      12th of Feb, 2013

This complaint sounds like a bunch of crap to me. Lady also complains about edible arrangements travelocity, Baymont Inns, and prisontalk.com. SO wait the guy offered you and gift card and was talking too loud for you. Guess you would have rather talked to someone whispering and who offered you nothing in return for your troubles. Good luck with those prisoners.