Barclays Bank/juniper / Closed account fees and interest

1939 69th Avenue SE, WA, United States
Phone: 360-413-0117

I paid off my account on 1/13/12 and four business days later, I noted that Barclay Bank/Juniper have not yet closed my account. I called them three separate times to ask that they close the account and finally on 1/23/12 (twelve calender days after they were paid) they sent a letter with a total balance due the difference between the amount I sent them and the payoff letter is interest and fees which they have added unto the account. On 1/252012 ( eight business days later my payoff check was cashed).

During the same period when my account was supposed to be off, they charged me interest and fees. Having realized their zealousness, they reserved the interest fees, but still charged me for the fees. However, both the fees and interest are derived from the total amount owed according to their statement. I paid the fee as soon as I received their statement in April, but they claimed that the fees was paid late and therefore, I owe them the fees plus late payment.

I spoke with a supervisor on 5/1/2012 and the lady having put me through repetitions and trying to me understand that they were doing me a favor, offer to made a deal to pay the late fees because according to her, the bank has already helped me by waving the interest fees on an account with zero balance and more importantly one that should have been closed on 1/13/2012.

I paid off my account on 1/13/12 and four business days later, I noted that they have not yet closed my account. I called them three separate times to ask that they close the account and finally on 1/23/12 (twelve calendar days after they were paid) they sent a letter with a total balance due the difference between the amount I sent them and the payoff letter is interest and fees which they have added unto the account. On 1/252012 (eight business days my payoff check was cashed).

During the same period when my account was supposed to be paid off, they charged me interest and fees. Having realized their over zealousness, they reserved the interest fees, but still charged me for the fees. However, both the fees and interest are derived from the total amount owed according to their statement. I paid the fee as soon as I received their statement in April, but they claimed that the fee was paid late and therefore, I owe them the fees plus late payment.

I spoke with a supervisor on 5/1/2012 and the lady having put me through repetitions and trying to make me understand that they were doing me a favor, offer to made a deal with me to pay the late fees because according to her, the bank has already helped me by waving the interest fees on an account with zero balance and more importantly one that should have been closed on 1/13/2012 or when I called them on 1/17/2012, 1/20/2012 and 1/24/2012

My take on this, is that Barclay Bank/Juniper engaged in consumer ripoff and scam in order to get more money from customers whose accounts are supposed to be closed. I am sending this matter to my state attorney general's office for action.

When I closed my account with them, I also closed two other account, surprise surprise, the two other credit cards closed my accounts and I have not had any problems except for Barclay Bank/Juniper. When I brought this to the attention of the lady I spoke with, she tried waving that away as different from how Barclay Bank/Juniper does business.

I refused to be shafted by Barclay Bank/Juniper I have paid them what I owe them and refused to give them any more of my money. Documents will be made available upon inquiry to verify facts related to this matter. Thank you for reading.

Ag