Bank Of The West / refinancing

I am recently divorced and in the settlement have assumed the debt for our 2004 Motor Home which is financed through BotW. I simply wanted to get my ex wife's name removed from the loan and am told that the only way to do this is to refinance the loan. I don't have a problem witht that but they want to refinance me at an interest rate that is 2.76% higher than the original loan and will not loan me the full ammount that I owe them by several thousand dollars. When I asked to speak to someone who could negotiate these terms with me I was given only to the collections department. Understand that I have never been delinquent on a payment and have a credit rating in the 800's on the FICO or 900's on the Vantage scale. It did not matter who I spoke with at the customer service number, they would not listen or try to find someone who would actually be interested in helping me. I feel that the bank is just trying to take advantage of my situation and take more money from me. I realize that they have policies in place and I also realize that there is someone somewhere who has the authority to adjust those policies on a case by case basis. All I wanted was a chance to speak with that person and I was stonewalled.

Wi

Comments

• Ro
      14th of Apr, 2009

Bank of the West - A bank you can't trust

Some time ago we went to Bank of the West to refinance our existing mortgage; it took them 3 months to tell us they couldn't do it. We paid $350 for the appraisal and we were told at the beginning that if not approved we would get a refund, NOT TRUE.
    With another bank we were able to refinance in 2 weeks and the appraisal fee was only $200. Bank of the West, don't trust them!!!

Read the story at: http://bankofthewest.angelfire.com/