Bank Of America / scam and abuse!

1 1207 market streetWheeling, WV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 3042332440

I am a business owner... I applied for a business bank of america visa card... For money in money out use for customers paying by cash and repaying there purchase with a credit card... Never was late with payments paid the balance... But but... Bank of america visa never told me that they charge a daily interest rate and inhinded charges on top of there monthly interest rate... Which we were unaware of... After three years... $15, 000.00 dollars of interest was added on to the visa card... Can this be real... How can they get away with this robbery... We finally got a loan and closed the acct. And please be aware of this horrible company... I hope this helps people out there thinking about a credit card for there business...

Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Po
      4th of Jan, 2011

"butt out since you don't know the history and keep your comments to yourself"

Something tells me you wouldn't say something like this if they were agreeing with you. If you don't want opinions that disagree with you, don't speak out loud.

• Bn
      13th of May, 2009

First of all, it is not likely that they just looked at you and said no. Secondly, you are the one that overdrew your account, you should take responsibility for your actions. Banks are tightening thier belts just like everyone else; $35 to you is just the same to them. When you opened your account you were likely issued the terms and agreements which states that this will happen if you overdraw your account. You even agreed to these terms by opening an account, why is it now you do not want to abide by these terms?

• Ac
      19th of May, 2009

Bank of America is engaging in severely unfair practices. We have had a credit credit with BOA for more than ten years. Our credit score is in the 780s. We have never missed or been late on a payment, or exceeded our credit allowance. Nonetheless, BOA sent us a letter telling us they were increasing our interest rate 8%. What possible justification could this company, which has already taken enough from the taxpayers, have for engaging in such usurious activity? I plan to report them to my representations and the better business bureau, and I encourage like-treated customers to do the same. If we do not begin to make our voices heard, these things will never change and unscrupulous creditors will continue to take advantage of us. SIGNED, A VERY CONCERNED CITIZEN.

23rd of Jul, 2009

MADAM IF YOU WHISH TOO HALVE THESE'S CHAGRE'S CECHKED ITNO I WOLD SUGEST THAT U COCTNACT YOU'RE BANAK ISNTED OF CONPLAIBTSOARD, COM

MY FREND I WOLD NOT ESXEPCT YOU'RE BANCK TOO OCHEK THSI WEB STIE HONET'SLY MY FREND

WHERE YOUO DIRCECTED TOO THSI WEB STIE FREUDULETNLTY??

IT SEME'S ### IF U HALVE A LEGIT A MIT CONCERN'S HOW EFER, , BET'S OF LCUK IN GETING TOO THE BTOTOM OFF THSI PORBOLEM'S

BLESING'S

Dr M A CARNARVORO

• La
      26th of Oct, 2009

I agree completely with all of these complaints!!!

• Pa
      25th of Mar, 2010

I have the same problem. I lost my detached garage on February 9th and the insurance company sent us a check and we have to send it to BoA. Which I did last week and STILL HAVE NOT HEARD FROM THEM. The guy who we talked to last week said we would get a check to start the rebuilding of our garage. I have not heard from them at all nor the check to pay the contractor, now I'm paying out of my pocket.

• Kk
      24th of Mar, 2011

As the online banking Customer service asked to visit Bank for the issue i was having...:(

• Kk
      24th of Mar, 2011

True

• Fe
      4th of Feb, 2011

I don't think that she said the one payment was causing the foreclosure what they are saying is that BOA isn't showing her payment in August of 2009 and what they do is if you continue to make payments they apply say the September payment towards what they are showing past due and when they do this it keeps looking like you are behind. They have bad practices and they actually bought several accounts from Wilshire and and other banks that can't provide accurate information.

• Me
      14th of Sep, 2011

My husband and I have fallen victim to the Claims Dept of Bank of America. We had to submit our check from our Homeowner's Insurance Company. Contacted Claims dept at BofA, who talk a good talk. Mailed in our check to this dept. Two weeks later received a form letter from BofA that we are entitled to go and ahead receive our refund check "Just fill out the paper work attached", which we did. 6 weeks later, my husband are still be haggled by BofA. We get different answers everytime we call to see where our funds are, because our roof is now finished, and our contractor is waitng to be paid. I've been dealing with BofA since my former mortgage sold out to them. It has been a constant nightmare. No matter which department you correspond with, trust me IT'S A ONE-SIDED CONVERSATION, because you get lost in their system. They never receive paperwork you submit even if it is the fourth time you've submitted and that's even by certified mail or Fed-Ex. You get different versions of whatever their idea of the truth is. Their right hand and left hands are so far out of touch with the other that they cannot even begin to imagine what the other member is doing. Their practice is very shady and unstable.

• Th
      18th of Jun, 2011

You are lucky enough. I was also promised a 5% cash back but never see it!! The 5% cash back from BOA is totally a scam!

• Ar
      11th of Mar, 2015

I just recieve of Bank of America of by mail reference number Az1-2002013 they asking about my information needed about country of citinship, if I don't respond it might to close my accounts.and I call the service of B Of A.they said they didn't sent anything to my mail like this.GOSH this scam

• Wa
      14th of Dec, 2015

On September 15 2015 my debit card was compromise due to a data compromise and I get fraud emails and cell phone calls stateding they are from the Bank of America fraud department

• Is
      25th of Jul, 2011

You are absolutely right exticy, Bank of America IS the Mafia!! They are racketeering. This is called F-R-A-U-D!! They need to be exterminated like a bad roach infestation that has corrupted this country's economy.

Bank of America is a Racketeering Enterprise! Please read my article here to see why: http://www.piggybankblog.com/2010/11/16/bofa-racketeering/

Bank of America must be held accountable under RICO laws for Racketeering. Please sign this petition: http://www.change.org/petitions/the-president-of-the-united-states-hold-bank-of-america-accountable-under-rico-laws

Do whatever you have to do to stop this Mafia from ruining your lives. Get an attorney, join a class-action or even sue them yourself (pro se). We need to stop this Monster called Bank of America before more lives are destroyed. Don't let them STEAL your home, fight back. Bank of America wants you to give up and the statistics show that most of their victims do. Don't be a Bank of America Victim any longer!!
    ou are absolutely right exticy, they ARE the Mafia!!!

4th of Jan, 2011

butt out since you don't know the history and keep your comments to yourself

4th of Jan, 2011

wow there is a lot people with some serious issues since all of you have made these comments you should all worry about other thing beside what i'm upset about it has nothing to do with you

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Gr
      4th of Feb, 2011

"One missed payment would not result in foreclosure. What is the rest of the story?"

My thought's exactly

Well Said Stealth Pilot

4th of Jan, 2011

the problem is simple i deposited money and they put a hold on the money so my account is showing a negative and a postive so how could they charge a over draft fee

4th of Jan, 2011

exactly i argued with them for a half hour this morning and they would not lift the hold till the close tonight