Bank Of America Credit Cards — cancellation without provication
I had two credit cards with Bank of America and over time, they increased my credit line, without prompting from me. Obviously, they thought I was a good "risk".
Although I have never been late or gone over my limit, an attempt to use one of the cards recently resulted in a denial. Upon inspection of the account online, I discovered that my credit limit, which was $10, 000 was now reduced to $3, 000 (with no notification to me). About 5 days later, I received a letter stating that my credit limit had been reduced to $3, 000 "based on a review of your account as well as information provided by the consumer report agency named below" (TransUnion).
The same day, I received notification that my other card with B of A, with a credit limit of $29, 000 (recently raised) was now CANCELLED! We were not late on payments and had no balance, but used the card frequently and paid off the balance monthly.
How is this fair? Will this affect our credit rating? We are incensed because there is absolutely no reason for this action!
More Bank Of America Credit Cards Complaints & Reviews
- Countrywide - Bank Of America/short Sale - Incompetent Department and Service 
- Bank Of America - b.o.a. closed my credit card account 
- Bank Of America - claims department 
- Bank Of America - closed my account for no reason 
- Countrywide Home Loan - Bank Of America - fraud and misrepresentation, abuse of customers 
- Bank Of America - bad customer service 
- Bank Of America - dishonest refinance good faith estimate
- Bank Of America Corporation - credit card
- Bank Of America/fia Card Services - not honoring written agreement 
- Countrywide Cleaners - Damaged clothing