Bank Of America / problems with flood insurance!
When our mortgage was sold to Bank of America, we were almost immediately told we would be required to carry flood insurance. I tried to communicate with customer service by phone and correspondence but was very much ignored. I was sold a flood insurance policy at over $600 per year. I tried to communicate with Bank of America asking why my property had been identified as being in a flood plain. I finally got a hold of someone in the second year of the flood insurance policy and was told by them that It was up to me to prove that I wasn't in a flood plain. I asked them where the proof was that I was and was ignored. Finally at the beginning of the third year I hired a surveyor who verified I was no where near a flood plain and I sent the report to Bank of America. Without so much as an apology they notified me that new information had surfaced about my property, that it was not in a flood plain. At that point I requested reimbursement for the two years of flood insurance and the cost of the survey, a total of about $1500. I never heard a word from them, not an apology, go jump in the lake, or any kind of a response. Rest assured if the shoe were on the other foot, I would have paid through the nose.
More Bank Of America Complaints & Reviews
- Countrywide - Bank Of America/short Sale - Incompetent Department and Service 
- Bank Of America - b.o.a. closed my credit card account 
- Countrywide Home Loan - Bank Of America - fraud and misrepresentation, abuse of customers 
- Bank Of America - claims department 
- Bank Of America - property claims 
- Bank Of America Corporation - Unethical Behavior
- Bank Of America Corporation - returns
- Bank Of America Corporation - unethical behaviour
- Bank Of America Corporation - bank teller
- Bank Of America Corporation - credit card