Banfield Pet Hospitals / refusal to cancel wellness plan!

United States Review updated:
I signed up for Banfield Pet Hosptial's Wellness Plan for my Australian Shepherd. We signed on in December 06. In January 07 my dog was diagnosed with cancer and she died in February 07. I emailed Banfield to cancel my policy since my dog was now dead and the program no longer needed. They instructed me to go to my local hospital to cancel. I did that and they refused! Incredible. Even though my dog was dead, I still have to pay for this Wellness Plan. I am going to take them to small claims court next month but I sure wish there was a class action suit to join. These people have no ethics at all. If you have similar experiences with Banfield or know of a class action suit, please email me at jamesacost@yahoo.com. and stay away from Banfield!

Comments

Ri
  1st of Jun, 2011
This is actually the fault of the owner and not the company that makes the product. It is WIDELY known that Australian Shepherds have drug sensitivity issues when it comes to certain medications. Ivermectin is one of those drugs. If you had performed the MDR1 test on your dog, you would have known about this. If the owners are not going to test their dogs for drug sensitivity they should NEVER allow their dogs to ingest ivermectin.

Sorry this happened but your dog shouldn't have been where they can get a hold of a drug regardless and this is not the fault of the manufacturer but the fault of the owner.

Banfield Pet Hospital Logo Banfield Pet Hospital