Banfield Pet Hospital / pet insurance

I cancelled my pet insurance for my two dogs several years ago, after an incompetent vet at a Banfield location nearly killed my German Shepard. I should have sued, but instead decided to let it go and try to move on. Banfield is still trying to collect on the insurance I cancelled. That's not how insurance works! Now its on my credit report. I want it removed!

Mj
Aug 9, 2017

Comments

• Mi
      8th of Nov, 2017

I had being going to banfield hospital for many years and obtain the insurance for my sweet dog and years later we rescued a little kitten, took him for his check up and vaccines, so i decided to get the insurance for him as well. Unfortunately a year after we got the kitty, my dog passed away and two months later the kitty also passed away as well, according to the vet he developed a disease that they get from the litter when they are first born and it starts to develop when they turn a year old. There is no cure for it . It was a total devastation for our family to have lost our 2 sweet babies, especially for my youngest daughter who is autistic and was protected by our loving dog Toby throughout her life, her best friend!! When I called the pet insurance from Banfield to cancel, they said that I couldn't cancel any of the insurance, and that I was responsible to pay for TWO YEARS until it was done, one year for each pet.
    So I asked if I could at least have it turned over for another dog and kitty since i was paying it, if they could at a least change the breed, they said no. I would have to purchase another insurance for those new pets while still paying for the insurance of both diseased pets for 2 years. I think is ridiculous!!! I don't have my babies anymore and they expect to still be paid for them. This is something that they do not explain when you are getting the insurance. Now they have me in collections on my credit report, because I never sent them anymore payments. Why should I pay close to 100 for the pets that passed away!! I will dispute this all the way!! I want it removed for my credit report!!!