Banfield Pet Hospital In Petsmart / misdiagnosis and useless meds

Kansas City, MO, US Review updated:

Two vets/vet techs examined my dog. She had a strange sore on her back. They fumbled around for about 30 minutes and came up with ringworm. They sold me antibiotics, antifungal medicine, and a shampoo. They also took a lab sample. Totaling almost $200, I left broke but relieved to begin her recovery. A week later, the sore worsened, and burst open. I took her to my usual vet, who found a deep tissue infection. She was put on a stronger antibiotic. There was no ringworm evidence. Another $200. She recovered nicely. I called Banfield and asked for a refund. I was told they would review and get back to me. I haven't heard from them since. This has been aprox. 1 1/2 months ago. I still plan to pursue this.

Comments

• Gr
      Dec 11, 2012

Poor diagnosis. I would also ask for my money back and let them know you will take it higher in the company to get satisfaction.
    @tasha12- that was a nasty, uncalled for comment.

Jan 29, 2013

Banfield Pet Hospital of Horrors!! This OBSCENE corporation is responsible for killing and maiming animals...read the complaints. Plus they rape wallets!

• Tr
      Aug 30, 2014

They wouldn't refund. Offered only to refund unopened shampoo IF I signed off that the issue was resolved to my satisfaction. HELL NO. Not only did Banfield lose a customer, but I also stopped buying ALL my pet products from PetSmart. Guilt by association.