Banfield Pet Hospitalhorrible customer service

Every time I take my two dogs to the Banfield, we have horrible customer service. The "pet nurses" are rude beyond belief, no one ever calls to let me know when they are ready, and even when I call and am told what time they will be done, it takes at least an hour of me waiting in the store for them to come out. We have both dogs on their Wellness plans, which apparetnly is a contract that were not informed about, so we are stuck paying for that load of crap for 4 months on 1 dog and 7 months on the other. What a waste. I'd rather pay 400% the money and go to a REAL vet than to take my dogs to Banfield again. THey always try to convince you that things are wrong with your dogs that aren't, and always try to sell you redicutous medications for non-existant problems. HATE THEM!

Comments

• Ho
      Dec 29, 2011

Yes I agree.
    As a former employee as a CSC at the Mckinney, Texas # 0624, location off of 75N..I can tell you the main reason is lack of training----& lack of professional behavior of the staff as influenced by management.

At this particular location the more experienced CSC (6 whole months on the job) who was assigned to train me - would regularly discuss how her husband was younger than her, ( show me pictures from her cell phone in direct violation of Banfield regulations) whine, how she wished her mother-in -law would bring her one of the mother -in law's prescription Zolofts or how her husband gave her one of his prescription darvocets the previous evening...Once she even discussed how hung over she was in front of the office manager and all the Dr's so I guess that was typical for that store--Other stores may be managed in a more professional manner...
    None the less I was in awe of their lack of concern for the pet and constant methods of overcharging and lying to meet store production goals...
    At one point one of the pet nurses actually came up to me and said quote "Management sucks here- I don't know if you realize it but you are on your own"

After 2 months even in this struggling economy I gave my notice--the place was just an unsafe place to work no MSDS sheets for bottles unlabeled.
    DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT WORKING THERE OR TAKING IN A PET TO THIS LOCATION- in Mckinney Texas # 0624

•   Jan 02, 2012

Shawbunny- Thank you for providing this feedback. We apologize that your visits to one of our hospitals did not meet your expectation. We strive to provide our clients and their pets with high quality medicine and exceptional client experiences on every visit. We would like the opportunity to speak with you directly so we can gather more information about your visits. The number to our Client Advocate Team is [protected]. If you are still not satisfied and wish to cancel your Wellness Plan please call our Wellness Plan Team at [protected] to discuss cancellation options. Thank you again for your feedback.