Banfield Pet Hospital / pet care / wellness program!

Banfield is a rip off... I am beginning the stages to file a civil complaint/law suit against this company. In order to be considered, you must have dates and costs on paper of all visits for your pet. If you have a second opinion from another vet that will be very beneficial. Please state only facts in your email. I understand your pet is your family and there are emotions involved, however in order to get an attorney and file complaints, we need the facts only!

If you are not complaining against banfield or do not have records, please refrain from sending emails to this account. All negative or threatening emails will be tracked and prosecuted to the fullest extent the law will allow.

In your email, please include the following: state all facts, dates and names and the store number, address, facility ID etc. If you have a timeline of all your contact with the Banfield facility, that will help also. If you have all your vet bills, medical records etc, please state that you do and provide your contact information. Please give me 72 hours to give a confirmation email and at least 7-10 days to contact you! I will email updates at least once a month on the progress of our complaint. If anyone knows of a lawsuit already in progress please provide some information!

At this time, I am only gathering information in order to submit for consideration of a class action complaint and/or lawsuit. All information will be held in strict confidence and will not be shared without written permission. Again, this is only for information gathering purposes only! If such actions are going to be taken, a Legal Attorney will give further instructions.

Too many animals have died or become sick in the care of Banfield. It's time something is done about it!

Comments

• Br
      27th of Feb, 2008

My dog maxx was a the benfield doctor last saturday feb 23 08 for his regular shot. He have 3 shot on that day, when i was ready to leave my dog staring voming and diarrea at the same time, i run to take him back to the vet, they take him inside and tell me the my dog have a reaction for the shot and he almost died. I was crying and nerves, i went to see him and he was look like he was dieding.but what i don t understang why now i have to be charge with $155.55 dollars when my dog got sick b caus what happen. They call me today i tolk if i don t pay my money they going to sent my name to a collection agence, plase can someone help me. My cell is 719 216 8545 this happen in colorado springs colorado, thanks, Brunilda.

• Yv
      8th of Jul, 2008

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Our former banfield hospital at the Citadel Crossing Petsmart in Colorado Springs, Co., was getting so bad that appointments just were not being taken because the hospital was closed so often. One of my dogs is on phenobarbitol for seizures. So, I called in my refill over a week early at the pharmacy t make sure we did not run out. I kept calling the parmacy asking if the vet had faxed in the refill order...after a week of no reply from the hospital, I called Banfield. The woman who answered was very snotty and said she was only taking appointments and there was no one there. The following Monday I went down in person and waited until a vet signed off on the refill. And this was not the first time this happened. Finally, we decided to transfer our dogs' records to the Banfield on Powers Boulevard. It cost us $212 just to transfer the records because it is Banfield's policy that the dogs have a complete check-up. After we checked our dogs in, we were told that it wasn't necessary for one of our dogs to have been given the check-up because he was not on the wellness program. But, this was AFTER the fact. Our other dog is on the wellness program...the Optimum one. Then we were told that they would meet any price on the Heartgard Medication. All I had to do was bring in the paperwork from the online medication store I use as proof. Well, I did that this morning, yesterday was when we had our appointments. I was told, "Oh no we can't do that because it had to be done before the purchase was made and besides, only the manager can ok it and the manager is on vacation. " None of this was ever explained to us. So, I agree with you 100%. They take advantage of situations. But, I have to agree with their logo: We treat pets like family." Many families stabbed each other in the backs!!!