Balsam HillDefective Tree and TERRIBLE Customer Service

We noticed after about 5 hours of use that there were a strand of lights out...the $500 tree was likely Dead On Arrival and we just did not notice the broken lights earlier.

Customer Service (even my letters to the Found/CEO) refuses to pay for return shipping even after 5 phone calls and 2 emails to the CEO. They state only other option is to wait until their Warranty Service Department opens in February to get replacement parts!!! They want me to wait 60+ days for PARTS on a 5-hour used broken tree?! Then dig it out of the basement next summer, put it together with the new parts, test it, then box it back up in the basement, then open it again Christmas 2012 and see if it works still?! Moreover, they said I had to return it by Christmas 2011 (10 days from now) or I would not get a refund on my $500 tree purchase!

Writing Better Business Bureau and California Attorney General.

***Short of story: STAY AWAY FROM BALSAM HILL! ***

Google and read the other horror stories. There are even websites solely dedicated to Balsam Hill complaints!

Comments

• Ta
      Jan 11, 2011
    Balsam Hill - Poor product and customer svce
    Balsam Hill
    California

Avoid - product does not work and they will not replace the part. I wish I had seen this site before I bought the tree!

• Cs
      Jan 13, 2015

Same experience, received a defective tree, one whole section did not light up, called customer service said they would send me a new section of the tree. Never received, called once a week, kept getting run around. I gave up and asked for a replacement tree. Only way they would send one was if I bought a new tree. Then I could send back the defective tree and they would issue a refund. Thank goodness I had the brains to say no, just let me return the defective tree and issue me a refund. Customer service rep said fine, I will email you a label so you can return the tree. Guess what, never received the label. When I called back again after a few weeks, I was told that I had exceeded the time allowed for a refund and could not return the tree. They will send me a replacement section of the tree in time for next Christmas. What a scam...DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY THEY ARE CROOKS