Ballard Designs / faulty merchandise and no support from company
I have never complained via the world wide web before, but I am so disappointed with 2 lamps (Lancaster Floor Lamp and Lancaster Desk Lamp) from Ballard Designs. www.ballarddesigns.com
These lamps from Ballard Designs are made of steel, and were gently used in our home (no kids, dogs, or lumberjacks using them roughly) for less than 2 years. Wouldn't you expect them to last a little longer than that without breaking? Combined purchase price: $200.
Most disappointing is Ballard Designs' response: "Unfortunately the product is outside our 1 year warranty and we are unable to exchange the lamps. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."
$200 out the window is more than an inconvenience; it is unacceptable. Ballard Design's message to me is clearly that they don't care that they sold me a product that didn't hold up in the way that it should have.
Ballard Designs is correct that this product is outside the warranty. But it is not outside LOGIC to expect a steel lamp to last more than 2 years and it is not outside good customer service for Ballard Designs to step up to the problem. So I now join others here on this site complaining about Ballard Designs and their unsatisfactory response to my problem.
I am warning other consumers to Buyer Beware if you gamble on dealing with Ballard Designs.
More Ballard Designs Complaints & Reviews
- Ballard Designs - Do not order from them 
- Ballard Designs - Customer Abuse
- Ballard Designs - Broken bookshelf replacement
- Ballard Designs - marketing scam
- Ballard Designs - furniture
- Ballard Designs - product/shipping/customer service
- Ballard Designs - banquette bench
- Ballard Designs - Useless and unprofessional customer service
- Ballard Designs - vanity tower and wall unit
- Ballard Designs - Purchasing Nightmare