Avon / shortages on returns

Avon Products
I too started avon thinking that I could make money. What a mistake!! I would not wish this nightmare I have had with them on my worst enemy.

I had my account frozen for returns after pieces came up missing (Shortgages) even though I had returned the items they told me unless I could prove it I had to pay for them.

So on my last returned box of $162.84 worth of merchandise, I placed sticky notes with the item description, rma #, and price on each one, took individual pictures, took group pictures of the items in the avon box then sealed it shut with tons of tape and all paperwork inside. Well when avon received it, they now claim that $110.49 worth of the merchandise was not in there. I promptly filed a ups claim, called the customer service phone number (Like india can help do anything for us) and called my district sales manager twice that day to let her know what's going on. Well it is currently 2 days later, no return call at all from my dsm, avon now shows those items as outstanding and india customer service told me there is nothing more I can do for over 6 weeks as I am not approved for instant credit. My bill is current, I am currently an e-rep and after reading thing, have decided that I can no longer afford this avon "business". The company has routinely shown "shortages" on my returns even though all the items were sent back. They treat me like I lie for a living and when I tell them I have pictures of the items they get panic stricken on the phone and customer service told me they were there but I would have to wait 6 weeks for them to "process through"!! Yea just one more joke. My next call is going to the attorney general of texas because these kind of fraudulent business practices need to be put to an end somehow someway!!

If you have had similar problems, contact the attorney general of your state and file a complaint. Since it most of the products cross state lines, we can complain to the attorney general of the united states as well.

I have tried to call hq in new york but can't seem to get past the automated system there. But I won't stop trying,

A soon to be ex-rep,

A  12th of May, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I had the same problem i returned the items and was told they never got them, and now they want be to pay them back.
A  27th of May, 2009 by
You have to be so careful doing returns. One little error, and they will claim they didn't get your stuff. If you an Avon rep and planning a return after reading this post, please go through the online tutorial (under the training tab) for using EZ Returns. Then when you are using EZ Returns, complete the forms for only one box at a time. That is, once your box is full, complete the EZ returns, print your label, print your packing slip, and print duplicates for your records. Have a witness sign your packing slip after verifying the contents of the box. Then follow the same instructions for more boxes. Print each shipping label and ship each box on a different date so Avon cannot claim confusion. (In fact, I would log off my account completely after the first box was complete), then wait a day or two to start the next box.

Sounds complicated? It IS complicated. You do one little thing wrong, like forget the packing slip, and you are scr@wed! So be careful, follow the instructions to the letter, don't ship mulitple boxes on the same day, and -- Good Luck!
A  27th of May, 2009 by
For jjsilliman, may I recommend pinktruth.com?
N  22nd of Jul, 2009 by
Just got out of a returns suspension. I shipped a return back to Avon and it bounced right back to me with no explanation. I figured it out why on my own (as with all things Avon related). The labels they send with your invoices are not the prepaid labels, so you have to go back to EZ Returns to generate the label. Unless you want to set your own price in case they are overcharging you for return shipping. (Which, in many cases, I'm sure they are, but you won't know because they don't tell you how much they are charging you in advance of you generating the label.)
A  27th of Feb, 2010 by
I am having huge problems with Avon. I returned items and they claim they were never located even though I have all the tracking information in writing and they have backcharged my account. It happened two years ago and after it finally getting straightened out, they basically told me I was fired.

They won't even talk with me and now apparently this investigation is in the Legal Department. I am not going to give up on this. I will be contacting the Wisconsin Attorney General if necessary.

Thanks for your information.

Avon.com Logo Avon.com