Avon / returns

United States Review updated:
I have been buying avon products for over 25 years. I recently tried the elixir and the anti ageing moisturizer. I purchased the elixir for 3 months and one bottle of moisturizer. I spent 186.00 on this. (One bottle of elixir was on sale for 10.00 less) I figured I would use the elixir for 3 months and that should give me enough time to see what it would do. Well it didnt do anything they said it would. I called my rep (And she is a great person) and told her I wanted my money back. I had one jar of elixir and jar of moisturizer. I didnt keep the other two empties but she knows I purchased them. She called the higher ups and they refused to give me the money, except for one on sale jar of elixir for 44.00 which my avon lady gave me so I wouldnt have to wait for it. She said she had to argue to get that and I believe her. I am mad, that is not what the guarantee says and thats a lot of money for garbage that doesnt work. I dont know what else to do. I have tried to contact avon, sent many emails and have never received a response. I would like to know who else to contact and how to make sure that avon has to do something. My rep is not responsible for this, I have dealt with her for a long time and she cant do anything else. I want to do something to stop them from being able to get away with this and I dont know how. Please if anyone has a suggestion or other contact info I would appreciate hearing from you. There has to be a way to get something accomplished. I would like to know if there are other places I can report their fradulent behavior. Thank you for any help you can give me.

Comments

Ra
  9th of Nov, 2008
Hi I was just reading your compalint. Avon should give all the money back to you . As a avon rep myself I have spent many days on the phone to avon themselfs compalining that my customers are unhappy with there produts and I have never had any problems with them getting there money back.
Ask your avon rep to give you the name and phone number of her area manager to try to sort this problem as this a lot of money to ignore.
Ma
  27th of May, 2009
Because some customers are treating Avon like they have a bottom-of-the-jar guarantee, reps are now running into problems where Avon won't give them their money back for an empty jar. This is unusual because more often or not, I have read that Avon will do it, but that your upline will encourage you to get rid of the customer because they could get you on No Instant Credit status, and you will continue losing earned commissions on them. It normally only takes 3 days to 4 weeks to see if a product is working. I would use this rule of thumb in the future to avoid problems. Hope this helps.
An
  9th of Jul, 2009
I had purchased a travel bag from Avon and when the rep handed me the bad i looked it over and realized that is was way smaller than anticipated and very poorly made. I told the Avon rep that i wanted to return it and she said i would have to still pay for it and hold onto it until the next order because she has to pay for the item upfront therefore i would have to wait to get my money back when Avon gives her the credit back. That could be 2 weeks. So i have to pay for an item that i don't want and now i have to wait up to 2 weeks to return it. That is the worst policy i have ever heard of. If i don't like the item i should have just been able to hand it right back to her and only pay for the items i chose to keep. Not pay for it and then wait for a refund. I think it doesn't take a genius to figure out that it is a bogus policy and someone needs to come up with something better if they want to keep their customers.
Jj
  5th of Aug, 2009
I am an Avon sales rep in Canada. I dont know if there are any major differences but here we dont have to return personal care items back to Avon(creams, perfums etc). This is great because we can keep customer returns and use them as demo products. I get customers that complain about the quality of the product and return them but they are barely used.
I had a customer who returned two orders. Once she returned these shoes worth $20 and said they looked nothing like the picture. She didn't even open the bag to try them on!!
Ok so I spend $10 returning the product back to avon and had no problems. I got an instant credit and they recieved the product in time.
The second time she ordered a shirt which she "didn't like" which cost $30. Again, she never even opened the bag!! So again I have to spend $10 on shipping. I now dont let my customers order shoes or clothes because of the high cost of returning the products.
As for your situation, here we have a time imit for returning products. We cannot accept products that are almost empty even if you are not happy with the results. Products don't work the same for everyone and this is not a clinical procedure so dont expect dramatic or visible results.
Ci
  29th of Jun, 2010
I am a representative of Avon. I have been trying to get them to remove DUPLICATE returned items that have been in my returns for over 6 months. These items have already been credited to my account, but I can't get AVON to understand that and just remove the duplicate list off my account. I can't use my returns until this is taken care of. I have dealt with at least 5 people and my manager over me and to no avail it is to hard for anyone to understand. My 13 year old understands this!!! Hum!!! I am not sure if this will get to anyone, but if it does please call me.

Avon.com Logo Avon.com