Avis Rent A Car

Posted:

avis is a scam liars cheats

avis rent a car
avis is a HUGE scam, I rented from avis recently, and I told them I did not want their insurance, my own covered it. Well when I returned my car, they had charged me for the insurance!! It was 450.00?? I said I did not want it, and the sales person just added it on. I had to fight with a *** manager there and they took it off. So then I find out later, that their rental people they make huge commissions when you take the insurance, and they make commissions off their upgrades too. But they add it to your rental without even telling you! Beware and check your receipts to see if it's on there because mine wasn't on my PAPER but it was on my receipt. Also the rental people, I find out from my nephew that they make up their own upgrade prices.

They tried to upgrade me into a bigger car, and the guy told me it was 20.00 a day for the car. I went to another person and they told me the same car was 10.00 a day. My nephew used to work in car rental and said the agents make up their own upgrade prices and the higher the prices the more money the sales people make. This is a total scam!! How can they change their prices like this and worse, they just ADDED the insurance to my rental and charged my card 450.00 and I had to FIGHT to get a refund. What kind of *** company does this to people??? Don’t ever take their insurance or get their upgrades, or just sit there and negotiate if you have to, the people that working there are snakes and will lie to you and deceive you. their rental people are scam artists and steal money from us hard working folks, and their management seems to encourage it. They just add insurances or upgrades to your receipt without telling you just so they can make a buck!! stay away from this company and ALWAYS check your receipts!! Avis sucks!! they don't try harder they don't try at all and worse, they try harder to scam customers as much as they can!!
Complaint comments Comments (2)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Car Rental

Comments

A  28th of Jul, 2016 by    0 Votes
Avis wants to charge a $50 cancelation fee, ever when you cancel 48 hrs. before hand and have prepaid. Don’t ever prepay with Avis. In fact avoid their scam altogether by booking with another reputable rental company.
A  7th of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
Avis India is similar scam, they don't have their fleet, on their website they try to sell expensive, luxury and high end car, but when it comes to pick up car, they will say they do not have because previous customer did not return, when you have no choice they will push you cheaper cars, which are 10 years or more, This is about self driven cars, which are even more expensive than chauffeur driven car along with fuel. They outsource old and outdated cars from third party agencies. Avis doesn't have legal status in India, they goes by name Mercury Car Rental Pvt Ltd, and use third party facility services to pick and drop, They do not have their own address and operate with proxy and anonymous location.
The car I received was old broken ( i had to take, no choice after paying full in advance ) at airport bought by driver from outsourced facilities. He did not make any proper documents and no copy of one sided documents given. Big scam.
Car had issues with engine and suspension. ABS was mal functioning. Car fuel was almost empty but marked half in night at airport arrival point.
Overall AVIS INDIA doesn't exist, but operate through local thugs who will cheat, I got low end car, paid for luxury car. They agreed to replace next morning but now they stopped taking any calls. Total cheats, Avis India aka Mercury car rental must shut down. They are risking lives of customers by giving unfit broken cars. Avoid them by all means.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree

Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group Logo Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group
Customer Care Service