Avis / Deceptive fees and charges

My friend and I were driving in Whyoming when the ice caused us to fish tale and land in a snowbank. Because I wave insurance on the vehicle I knew I was responsible for the damage to the car, so you can understand my shock, when AVIS decide to salvage the vehicle instead of repairing it. Instead of costing $5,000 in repairs I got slapped with a bill for $12,200 in which I am not certain if my insurance will cover it because they authorized fixing it. In addition we received over $1,000 in administration and loss of use fees, is it our fault Avis waited so long to fix the problem?

A  5th of Apr, 2008 by
Bait and switch is the name of Avis game here.
If you have anything stating Avis was to fix then you are fine. Your insurance company should be taking the lead on this not you. Thats why you have insurance. Let them hash it out. Avis is good for bait switch in sales tactics as well as accidents after the fact. Always get insurance... a few dollars and less headache. Recommend not to rent from Avis business or personal.
A  11th of Jul, 2008 by
Had a friend who had a similar thing happen. He paid St Farm $100 to handle the issue and they took care of it. St Farm good. Avis bad...go somewhere else when you rent. I switche to Enterprize. I rent every week Enterprize is not without their issues, but the always take care of the issues when you call them. Avis just dishes you out a load of crap.
N  7th of Apr, 2009 by
word up on this ! alot of Rental car companys have m&D depts .
the damaged cars have a set price for repairs or totaled - the cars that can be repaired in most cases, are auctioned off with clear title
others that are totals are auctioned with salvage titles.
in most cases, the rental company keeps the car and collects on the damage done or insurace ! so you have -them getting paid for damages or loss - and then collecting again on the auctioned vech.
game or what ? Im guessing most insurance companys dont want the totaled car. buy the insurance ! play it safe and cover yourself
and car you rent! you never know what new games big companys play on us all.
D  25th of Mar, 2010 by
Buy the coverage you ###.
N  22nd of Sep, 2010 by
ya, you declined the coverage accepting responsibility, If you damaged the vehicle expect to pay for it. Avis is supposed to eat a few thousand dollars of repairs because you paid them $40 a day? stupid complaint

Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group Logo Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group
P.O. Box 699000