Authorhouse / no refund forthcoming after cancelling a publishing package.
A quote was received to publish my second book "My Zimbabwean Odyssey - The Sequel" in September 2018.
The fee was to be paid in three instalments ie:-
17th September, 17th October and 17th November 2018.
However, because AuthorhouseUK could not produce the 8" X 5" size of book required with colour inserts, wanting instead to produce an 8" X 8" square "childs" colour book, the package was cancelled on the 6th November and no manuscript was ever sent to them.
This was well within the 90 day cancellation time frame but they still took the final instalment from my bank account ten days later on the 16th November 2018.
To date, despite many e.mails, no refund or an explanation as to why it's not forthcoming, has been received.
In all, it has been a totally stressful, frustrating and expensive experience.
I for one have lost all faith and trust in AuthorhouseUK and
the future of my first book, "My Zimbabwean Odyssey" currently with this publisher, now has to be re-considered.
More Authorhouse Complaints & Reviews
- Authorhouse - fraud 
- Author House - terrible experience 
- Author House - scam and fraud 
- Authorhouse - authorhouse — self-publishing rip off 
- Authorhouse - authors not being paid for all sales 
- Authorhouse - trying to my get my cookbook new groove fusion publish
- Authorhouse - book: "forgotten lost and hidden america"
- Authorhouse - print on demand, book publisher 
- Author House - book publishing 
- Authorhouse - self publishing scam authorhouse