Aurora Loan Services / Scam and cheating

United States Review updated:

I have faxed proof of ins to Aurora Loan services 3 times and have the fax acknowledgments of proof, yet then still send letters that they have not received it and take the liberty to add their own ins at ridiculous rates. Maybe that's there answer to make up for their lack of good business practice. Practicing this kind of fraudulent practice it is no wonder that they are in trouble. Maybe the countries mortgage problems are not simply bad loans, rather bad business practices and poorly run mortgage companies, In my opinion the mortgage companies are due any kind of assistances they have been taking advantage of the public long enough.
Va

Comments

Va
  7th of Oct, 2008
My husband and I are victims of the credit crunch. We contacted Aurora Loan Services early this year in an attempt to get a loan modification since our loan had adjusted. They were very rude. They asked us to send tons of information. We sent them everything they wanted. We never heard back. We called and they asked us to resend them the information. We never heard back. We called and sent them more updated stuff. They we got a Trustee Sale notice pinned to our front door. In desperation we called them and they re-took our financial statements over the phone. The sale was postponed for a month. They claimed they sent us a modification package via UPS. They never provided us tracking numbers and we never got the package. We faxed letters every single day. Never got a response. We called and called and each time got a different individual. We were told another package had been shipped out via UPS on October 2nd. It never was. We found out that it had been sent out on October 6th. They will not consider modifying the loan to where the terms are affordable. They ordered a sale for the 8th. AND WE HAVE NOT EVEN GOT ANY COMMUNICATION FROM THEM. I email Sonja Williams daily with detailed information. They absolutely will not help. Do you think this is a deliberate way they are instructed to handle requests for modifications? I heard their CEO Dick Fuld today on various TV stations. Boy, did he make out like a bandit?

Let me know if anyone out there has had a similar experience as mine.

Thanks a million.
Re
  13th of Nov, 2008
I am trying to put some individuals together to consider the potential for a class action. Every Saturday, I will open up a AOL chat with the name Aurora in hopes to pull us together. AURORA MUST BE STOPPED!!
Je
  14th of Nov, 2008
they are indeed crooks! Take a look at what other have said here,
/URL removed/?q1=ALL&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0&submit2=Search!&q5=Aurora+Loan

Anyway, now I'm out of work and have a 6 month old son, denied unemployment benefits and Aurora said they won't even work with me because I have no income. I would like to know what my rights are. I have lost $40k in value on this junk property and really have no desire to stay at this point, but would like to stay as long as possible. They already destroyed my credit so no big deal at this time. I would like to know how long I can stay until they kick my family and I out. They are so rude and I don't wish to do any business with them. Any advice is appreciated.
Ce
  1st of Dec, 2008
It is so sad how this company works with their customers. If they will not agree to a short sale, you have until the date house is sold to move out. You should be receiving foreclosure documents with information and dated. My daughter is having diffculty work with Aurora Loan Service. Do not believe anything they say over the phone. She was told just today that there are new employees and they are unsure of the process so her account is being looked at. We will see next week. Make sure you are talking to the right department. I do not think customer service is the best number to call. They have been so ugle when every my daughter called them. Contact me if you need more information. Cecelia Mims, Realtor Prudential
Ed
  15th of Feb, 2009
ALS Services has us running around in circles as well!!! I can't believe all of the people out there who have been or are going through the same stuff we are!!

We first contacted them back in July 08 because my husbands' job changed, and went from a steady paycheck to working off of commission. I told them I didn't know how much longer we'd be able to come up with our mortgage payment, they stated they couldn't help us because we were still making the payments. Then a couple months after that, we fell short, I asked for help, they said that they would send us the paperwork for being modified and showing our other choices (short sale, etc).

I told them we didn't want to move, we want our house, but need help. We sent them every piece of paperwork they wanted, I'm talking probably over 50 pages of personal information as well as spreadsheets showing our expenses, and so on.

It took forever for them to get the fax, then they said they needed more info, every piece of info they asked for, I gave them, and every time it took 7-10 days for them to 'get the fax', but then it was 'oh, it might be 10-14 days' to get the fax. Ridiculous, but we played along, just long enough for them to tell us, sorry, we have to put you on a payment plan...the payment plan would have us paying close to $1000 more...so I ask, if we can't make our normal payment, why would I be able to make a payment of almost $1000 more...

Then, we called again a couple months later and said please help us and we were told we'd have to fill out all of the paper work again since so much time had past. I told them that nothing has changed, the monthly expenses are the same.

the people are rude, every time you call them you have to explain your life story to them, you get a different answer every time. So months later we try to hire a company to help us out because we were due to get foreclosed on January 5th, that company let us down too, so in a last ditch effort we called Aurora and talk to some other guy who tells us we can do the payment plan and make our regular payments 4 months in a row, on the 3rd payment we have to fill out all of the paperwork again and they'd see about modifying our loan at that time.

We're about to make our first payment of this payment plan, and I'm very worried that some where they're going to say I screwed up so they can just foreclose on us after squeezing some more money out of us. I would love to go after these people!!

They'd rather just foreclose on people, then help them out, my credit score has dropped over 100 points too because of this. Please include me in any and all charges against these people!!! I wish every the best though!!! I hope someone has a happy ending some where!!!
Ch
  20th of Feb, 2009
Be wary of the "sure, just make a few more payments and then we'll modify it" approach. We went through the exact same thing when we fell behind last year. We're in an interest-only loan and my husband was laid off. We don't want to lose the home but were going to have to really scrimp and probably borrow from family members to make payments.

We asked Aurora to convert the loan to a fixed rate at a 40-yr term so we could at least begin to build some equity without having the payments shoot up. They told us to make three consecutive payments and then resubmit the paperwork, which we did. We heard nothing from them.

Then, a couple months later, they sent us a "modification" which tacked on the arrearage, plus fees and penalties, and spread it out on top of the existing payments. They did not modify the loan terms or convert it to a fixed-rate loan. What they did, while it technically brought us "current, " actually increased our payments, and our bottom line.

We have now submitted an offer from a buyer for a short sale, but have heard nothing from them. I sincerely hope you have better luck but I honestly think they are just trying to squeeze as much as possible out of you before they will eventually foreclose the mounting debt.
Wa
  24th of Feb, 2009
They are doing me the exact same way. I'm going to submit a counteroffer to them and if they refuse I will try a short sale, but I doubt if they will go for it. I will probably end up walking away because my balance is 125, 000 and a house 5 doors down is on the market with Century 21 for 64, 400 and it has more square feet!

Wanda
Ke
  28th of Apr, 2009
I am going through the exact same thing with Aurora. I believe that I initially spoke with the infamous Mike and I'm thinking of flying out to their office to take my anger out on him. He tried to raise my payments up for a year when I'm in a bad financial way! Then, he tells me that I make too much money, which is ridiculous. After speaking with someone else, I've been supposedly placed on the 3 month payment plan...but after reading comments on this board, I'm feeling bad about this. I believe that Aurora is very unscrupulous.
  5th of Nov, 2009
I received a Loan Modification Package from Aurora in late September 2009. I noted serious miscalculations on the escrow, called the agent at Aurora I had been dealing with(of course you can never reach them and must wait for a call back, when Hell freezes over) she told me I could sign the package with the errors, which would have resulted in me having to pay over $200 extra per month that was not due, or she would resubmit the package to the underwriters for correction. I opted for the latter when she assured me they would have it done well before the payment was due. A week before thpayment came due, I called them and was told that I was NO LONGER ELIGIBLE! There had been no positive change in my circumstances. I queried them as to why I was no longer eligible, they, of course, had no answer and claimed to expedite the file to a second review and promised a call back by November 4. Today is the 5th, no call back, or email. I have been current on all payments, still have the September Loan Package indicating acceptance. Guess what! I'm going to sign it, have it notarized and send it with my payment and if they balk, they can come and get the keys to this Godamn house and shove it up their ###!
Ho
  30th of Apr, 2010
File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ If enough people complain maybe they will be held accountable for their awful business practices.

Nationstar Mortgage Logo Nationstar Mortgage
Overall Satisfaction Rating

424 Reviews
8950 Cypress Waters Blvd.
Coppell