Audible Adbl.CO/Bill NJ / unauthorized debit charge from audible adbl.co/bill nj

1-5 United States Review updated:

Today a charge of $14.95 popped up being charged to my account. I neither looked at nor ordered any service for audio books or any other book at any time from any provider. Worse yet, this would have been an ongoing monthly fee for a service I did not order.

I am now told my card will be de-activated and I 'may' get a replacement within 7 to 10 days and after that another 7 to 10 days for the fraud to be credited to my account. This is terribly disturbing. I have requested a refund but I am the one who will be inconveniently affected for several weeks from now.

I feel I am lucky to have caught this charge for a monthly fee not ordered. Just think how other people will feel if they don't notice the fraudulent fee.

Sh
Jul 28, 2017

Comments

• Xi
      19th of Jan, 2018
    Best Best Advice +5 Votes

Thanks for posting it had just happened to me.

• Sh
      10th of Aug, 2018

@Xi Xi You are correct. It wasn't until I received a charge on my business account that I realized what was happening. I actually called the number and because it showed that I had been charged a monthly fee for several months, but had actually never bought an audio book, they have refunded me all my money and closed the account. The gentleman I spoke with was very professional and most certainly helpful. It is done through Amazon and is not a scam. The number to contact them is 1-866-416-0103.

21st of Jan, 2018

Yes, thank you very much for posting. I just noticed Audible has been doing that to me as well. For the past four months charging my Visa for a monthly fee. I never gave them my credit card info., so how did they get it??!!! Pulled the info. from somewhere! This is disturbing as I never authorized this, nor signed up for the subscription service, nor gave Audible my credit card info. I recall downloading a 'free' audio book, but that was all, never signed up for a subscription and never gave them my credit card info. BEWARE OF THIS BUSINESS. FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY.

• Ia
      28th of Jun, 2018

@Joanna123 ******LADIES AND GENTS!!! THIS ISN'T A SCAM!!! I just found this link: CANCEL HERE: http://audible.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7083

AGAIN - This is how I found out about this. The lady I talked to on the phone, said my husband had used our Amazon account to purchase an audio book. He used his OWN card. However, there's a monthly subscription with AUDIBLE with AMAZON. So this means, even if he used his own card information - if they try to bill the card monthly, and for any reason at all they're unable to collect funds...AUDIBLE AND AMAZON will also bill any other card on file until they receive a payment for the monthly subscription of $14 or $16!!! That is in the agreement you accept when you purchase an audio service through Audible /Amazon. It doesn't matter if you didn't purchase with YOUR card. Because your card is listed as a payment method, your card will be attempted if the original card doesn't have funds. This also means if your friend, mother, cousin etc used your card at any time...and its listed on a profile..they will try your card. This isn't a SCAM, your loved ones or yourself didn't R E A D the fine print where it tells you in 30 days it'll charge you a monthly subscription fee.

Simply follow this link: CANCEL HERE: http://audible.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7083 to cancel your subscription. The lady I talked to was nice enough to refund me all the charges I had on my card!!! Simply be NICE and you'll get them all refunded, as technically YOU or your loved ones agreed to it and well...YOU agreed to let them use your card. If you didn't agree, then you've got an even bigger issue at hand with theft :/

Again...for the small people in the back...CANCEL HERE: http://audible.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7083

This isn't a scam...R E A D I N G is important when you put your card information on the internet!!!

You're welcome! - Emilia

• Do
      15th of Feb, 2018

I don't know why with which right you steeled from me $14.95, by charging an unauthorized charge of $14.95, why do you do that...!?, it is my money, and i never gave you the right to do that...!!!

Yisocher Twersky

• Pr
      5th of Mar, 2018

It has happened to me and I noticed it just today.

• Mi
      23rd of Mar, 2018

Same fraud has happened from my 2 credit Card back to back... Don't know how to her rid of it... Any solution with anyone plz share

25th of Mar, 2018

@Mishra_tarishi Contact your bank to claim and refund this money

3rd of Apr, 2018

cancel my monthly bill.

3rd of Apr, 2018

CANCEL MY MONTHLY BILL

• Bi
      6th of Apr, 2018

Yeah. They got your card number from Amazon, same place they got mine. My wife cancelled with them, and I had purchased something on her Prime account ONCE from my card, so they just switched to charging me. Who ARE these A-holes??????

7th of Apr, 2018

Same thing just happened to me, Never have i ever provided them with my debit card number? It is obvious Amazon is ( willingly or unwillingly ) connected to these [censor]!!

• Vi
      9th of Apr, 2018

I got this charge on my card today too... Mine is an Amazon card too. This must be part of one of the data breaches...

• Lo
      9th of Apr, 2018

Got this charge on my husbands credit card also. Neither one of us signed up for this and also do you have an Amazon account. I will be deleting that card from the account.

11th of Apr, 2018

This is all about Amazon... they scam by offering credits for a purchase if you don't receive it in the 2 days... never said I was joining a membership!!! Makes me question Amazons practice!!

• Ke
      12th of Apr, 2018

I went to audible spoke to a lady on the chat and they refunded my money and cancelled the card they had on file.

• Ar
      26th of Apr, 2018

@Keisha Lewis Hi Keisha,
    Can you please share the contact number?

• Sh
      23rd of Apr, 2018

I just found this fee on bank statement. I never received anything from this company saying that I bought a service. I called the bank and reported fraudulent activity on my credit card.

• Su
      25th of Apr, 2018

This made me look closer. Just found a charge of $16.15 per month going back a year.
    I can't find the phone number! Crooks.

• Li
      1st of May, 2018

Thank you. It happened to me last week. I am outraged!!!

1st of May, 2018

CANCEL HERE: http://audible.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7083

• Da
      3rd of May, 2018

It's not fraud, you guys. It clearly says that it's 14.95 per month after the first 30 days which buys you one book of any price. You can cancel at any time and keep any of the books you've purchased.

• Vi
      11th of May, 2018

@David Stoops yeah it is fraud if you didnt authorize it ... if you didnt do the free trial ... if you dont even know what it is ...

• Na
      4th of Jun, 2018

@David Stoops I never ordered the trial and knew nothing about it.

• Pi
      4th of May, 2018

I just discovered I've been charged 16.00 a month on my credit card for audibleadbl.co/billnj for the past year and I have no clue how it got on there. They're sneaky and underhanded and charge people without their knowledge and should pay back everything that I've paid and any charges from jy credit card company I may receive.

• Ri
      8th of May, 2018

I've been charged $14.95 a month by Audible. I have purchased a few audible books this year; however, I wasn't aware that I signed up for a "membership, " ... probably some tricky method I wasn't aware of. There are some benefits if you purchase a lot of Audible books. In any case, I called Audible today and cancelled my membership (see num below). Heads up, be assertive and say "Please cancel my membership immediately!" You'll still be able to buy Audible books, so don't worry. They said they will reimburse me the $14.95 for May. Good luck; here's the numbers: 1 (888) 283-5051

• Ms
      31st of May, 2018

@Ricardo Stanton-Salazar Yes..just had my unauthorized charges reimbursed and the "so called membership I signed up for" cancelled. All I had originally done at Audible was look around. Did not purchase anything by mistake or intention. I believe the website is set up "loosely" like this on purpose.

2nd of Jun, 2018

@msmeews I am being charged a monthly fee of $14.95 for audible books which I NEVER ordered. I have cancelled my MC & was told by my bank with a new card & new pin I wouldn't be charged, but I am still being charged on the new card. Please help me get all my money back & stop future payments made.

• Pr
      13th of Jun, 2018

@Josephine Hampson go to audible amazon.com deactivate ur membership and talk to customer care they will refund you money...i got refund same issue i was facing

18th of Jun, 2018

@msmeews Yes, this just happened to my Mother In Law also. She found the 14.95 charge for each of the last three months and she did not sign up for a membership. Had to cancel old card and replace it with a new number. Wells Fargo is investigating why this happened.

• St
      26th of Jul, 2018

@Jan Denton Here is how to get it corrected/ refunded

Customer service 18882835051 contact number I called them they asked for my amazon email, my name and billing address, the card number that got charged and the expiration date

yes I do a lot of Amazon purchases so it must have come from something embedded in the website