Audible Adbl.CO/Bill NJ / unauthorized debit charge from audible adbl.co/bill nj

Today a charge of $14.95 popped up being charged to my account. I neither looked at nor ordered any service for audio books or any other book at any time from any provider. Worse yet, this would have been an ongoing monthly fee for a service I did not order.

I am now told my card will be de-activated and I 'may' get a replacement within 7 to 10 days and after that another 7 to 10 days for the fraud to be credited to my account. This is terribly disturbing. I have requested a refund but I am the one who will be inconveniently affected for several weeks from now.

I feel I am lucky to have caught this charge for a monthly fee not ordered. Just think how other people will feel if they don't notice the fraudulent fee.

Sh
Jul 28, 2017

Comments

• Xi
      19th of Jan, 2018

Thanks for posting it had just happened to me.

21st of Jan, 2018

Yes, thank you very much for posting. I just noticed Audible has been doing that to me as well. For the past four months charging my Visa for a monthly fee. I never gave them my credit card info., so how did they get it??!!! Pulled the info. from somewhere! This is disturbing as I never authorized this, nor signed up for the subscription service, nor gave Audible my credit card info. I recall downloading a 'free' audio book, but that was all, never signed up for a subscription and never gave them my credit card info. BEWARE OF THIS BUSINESS. FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY.

• Do
      15th of Feb, 2018

I don't know why with which right you steeled from me $14.95, by charging an unauthorized charge of $14.95, why do you do that...!?, it is my money, and i never gave you the right to do that...!!!

Yisocher Twersky

• Pr
      5th of Mar, 2018

It has happened to me and I noticed it just today.

• Mi
      23rd of Mar, 2018

Same fraud has happened from my 2 credit Card back to back... Don't know how to her rid of it... Any solution with anyone plz share

25th of Mar, 2018

@Mishra_tarishi Contact your bank to claim and refund this money

3rd of Apr, 2018

cancel my monthly bill.

3rd of Apr, 2018

CANCEL MY MONTHLY BILL

• Bi
      6th of Apr, 2018

Yeah. They got your card number from Amazon, same place they got mine. My wife cancelled with them, and I had purchased something on her Prime account ONCE from my card, so they just switched to charging me. Who ARE these A-holes??????

7th of Apr, 2018

Same thing just happened to me, Never have i ever provided them with my debit card number? It is obvious Amazon is ( willingly or unwillingly ) connected to these [censor]!!

• Vi
      9th of Apr, 2018

I got this charge on my card today too... Mine is an Amazon card too. This must be part of one of the data breaches...

• Lo
      9th of Apr, 2018

Got this charge on my husbands credit card also. Neither one of us signed up for this and also do you have an Amazon account. I will be deleting that card from the account.

11th of Apr, 2018

This is all about Amazon... they scam by offering credits for a purchase if you don't receive it in the 2 days... never said I was joining a membership!!! Makes me question Amazons practice!!

• Ke
      12th of Apr, 2018

I went to audible spoke to a lady on the chat and they refunded my money and cancelled the card they had on file.

• Ar
      26th of Apr, 2018

@Keisha Lewis Hi Keisha,
    Can you please share the contact number?

• Sh
      23rd of Apr, 2018

I just found this fee on bank statement. I never received anything from this company saying that I bought a service. I called the bank and reported fraudulent activity on my credit card.

• Su
      25th of Apr, 2018

This made me look closer. Just found a charge of $16.15 per month going back a year.
    I can't find the phone number! Crooks.

• Li
      1st of May, 2018

Thank you. It happened to me last week. I am outraged!!!

1st of May, 2018

CANCEL HERE: http://audible.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7083

• Da
      3rd of May, 2018

It's not fraud, you guys. It clearly says that it's 14.95 per month after the first 30 days which buys you one book of any price. You can cancel at any time and keep any of the books you've purchased.

• Vi
      11th of May, 2018

@David Stoops yeah it is fraud if you didnt authorize it ... if you didnt do the free trial ... if you dont even know what it is ...

• Pi
      4th of May, 2018

I just discovered I've been charged 16.00 a month on my credit card for audibleadbl.co/billnj for the past year and I have no clue how it got on there. They're sneaky and underhanded and charge people without their knowledge and should pay back everything that I've paid and any charges from jy credit card company I may receive.

• Ri
      8th of May, 2018

I've been charged $14.95 a month by Audible. I have purchased a few audible books this year; however, I wasn't aware that I signed up for a "membership, " ... probably some tricky method I wasn't aware of. There are some benefits if you purchase a lot of Audible books. In any case, I called Audible today and cancelled my membership (see num below). Heads up, be assertive and say "Please cancel my membership immediately!" You'll still be able to buy Audible books, so don't worry. They said they will reimburse me the $14.95 for May. Good luck; here's the numbers: 1 (888) 283-5051