Audi Centre Johannesburg / unethical behavior

Johannesburg, South Africa Review updated:

Hi.
I spoke to George at Audi Centre Johannesburg on Monday who informed me that the vehicle was still available and I requested that he send me a OTP, which he said he was going to do.

Now you telling me that the vehicle is sold I don't understand.

Do you guys only cater for special people/friends, sorry I know it's not your fault but it's frustrating to me. I've been looking for this car for a while and now that I finally found one it's conveniently sold.

Can you please send me the details to your Head manager or PM so I can lodge a complaint against George and actually find out what happened.

Please contact me on [protected]

Steven

St
Nov 08, 2017

Comments

Mar 09, 2018

I bought Audi A4 TFSI 1.8 at Johannesburg Audi in 2015 Jun. I took the car there for each 15000 km service until the last service of 60000 km and it's now at 65000 km. After 60000 km service the car started having high revs when I step on the accelerator, sometime it would even show wrong gears on the dash-board when I change them(gears).

Out of the blue on the 14 Feb 2018 when I was driving on Allendale avenue from Johannesburg to Kemptonpark, the engine just cut off when I pulled off the robot and it did not want to start at all. Audi Road Assist came to take the car to Johannesburg Audi Dealership and the next morning the guy called Damien from Audi workshop informed me that the clutch kit burned out and the motor plan doesn't cover it.

I then went to the dealership and met the supervisor(Victor) who said the same and that they conclude it is as a results of my style of driving. I told him I was not informed when I bought the about the motor plan not covering the clutch kit and that NCA( National Credit Act) stipulates that the seller of the must inform the consumer about the product when they buy it(what's covered and not) and that the consumer should sign the product summary documents as a consent.

I'm now sitting with R35 000 debt that I must pay Audi to replace the clutch kit but the car motor plan is still in force until 100000 km or 2020 whichever comes first.

I'm very disappointed with Audi Johannesburg and I need to take the matter further to the CEO in Sandton.