AT&T / wireless service and billing

1 United States

I added a new line to my account on Sep.12.2018. I asked the representative not to activate it until September 26th, 2018. When I received the bill, they charged me for the line although it wasn't activated it. Later, when my wife put the simcard in a phone on October 4th, 2018, she started receiving tons of text with cursive language. That was very embarrassing as she was sitting with my family and her family and they saw all these texts and her dad got mad because of all these texts. At that time she was outside the country. I called AT&T and asked them to solve the problem. The first person said that they can't do it, I asked him to give me a manger, the manager said he will do it and placed me on a brief hold, 5 mins later, someone picked the phone and they don't know why I was transferred to them. I repeated the story, she said that the can't change the phone number immediately and I will have to wait 2 to 3 days and that line won't be active for that period. I told that person that I bought that line for the sole purpose to be used by my wife on her travel in the next 2 days. Then she said ok we can change it. 1 hour later over the phone, they were able to change the number.
I received my bill and I was charged a fee for changing the number and the international texts!!! Although I wasn't informed about the charges, The person who changed the number also said that I shouldn't be charged for the texts as they are not mine.
I called customer service and they refused to remove the fees and they kept saying that I was notified of the charges, I insisted that I wasn't and I told them that I will cancel with them. They transferred me to loyalty department whom I had to repeat the whole story again and his only words these are valid charges and his only solution is to transfer me to technical support because that's where the charges were originated.
I refused to talk to them because I don't want to spend another 30 mins talking to someone else about the same issue.
This is not an issue about money, but it's about the deceit and frustration that this company make its customers go through over small charges. I'm a customer with them for 5 years and I pay 150$ every month. But now I will switch to a respectful company who knows how to treat its customers.

AT&T