AT&T Wireless / massive overbilling by att

1 Sacramento, CA, United States Review updated:

I opened my wireless bill to find that I had been charged for over $3000 dollars for wireless internet that no one in my family used. It was charged to my daughter's telephone which did not even have a functional viewing screen. This charge came to me 3 months after I had the internet service on my phone disabled. I have tried to work with the company to get the charges reversed and they refused to be of assistance at the risk of losing a long-term customer. Have always paid for serviced I bought and live up to my side of the contract. This is disappointing and encourage anyone who uses AT&T wireless service to disconnect. I also advise anyone who is considering purchasing wireless to not get it from AT&T.

Va

Comments

Ma
  11th of Jun, 2008

I have similar story to the one posted. We were long timer customers of Cingular now AT&T. Recently got billed $2000 over the past 2 months for a charge listed as Xpress Internet usuage. Customer Service flat out said that the would give no credit for the charge, eventhough it was explained that the charges were impossible since some of the times (which can only be seen on the internet bill, not the shown and the paper bill of 10 pages sent to me) were either during my working hours of 9-5 or at 2, 3, or 4 am***when I don't know about you but my a** is sleeping because I work everyday. Oh, and they are all outgoing data. I have filed with the FCC but it seems that they are inundated with complaints. So if you want you bill to go from $50 a month to $800+ a month with no explanation. I highly recommend AT&T wireless.